This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Establishment of Defect Free Weldment Parameters for Higher Productivity in Flash Butt Welding Machine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 25, 2020 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
In this work, Flash butt welding process was completely studied and the parameters for improvement of productivity were established with the help of flash butt welding machine. This work tries to confirm that an exploratory type of research is mostly preferred and analysis has to be done to achieve the end output. Quality affirmation and cost of value are the two significant variables that influence the efficiency of flash butt welding. To accomplish excellent quality and less cost of value different components that impact the welded joint and procedure are considered and comprehended. As commitment towards this point, an examination was done in the flash butt welding system. One of the fundamental goal of this investigation was to build up the imperfection free parameters. This was done initially by studying the different defects that occur in flash butt welded joints. Then, causes and the steps to reduce these defects were studied and finally the required parameters were derived from different test pieces. Various tests have also been conducted to confirm the accuracy of the parameters that were established.
CitationVijayakumar, S. and S, S., "Establishment of Defect Free Weldment Parameters for Higher Productivity in Flash Butt Welding Machine," SAE Technical Paper 2020-28-0410, 2020.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
- Armentani, E., Espotiso, R., and Sepe, R. , “The Effect of Thermal Properties and Weld Efficiency on Residual Stresses in Welding,” Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 319-322, 2007.
- Austin, H. , “Definitions and Identification of Defects and Irregularities in Resistance Welded Joints,” IIW Documents 6(4):56-79, 2007.
- Bauer, S. , “Defects in and Features of Flash butt Welded Joints,” Technology of the Dalle, Halle. 8(9):68-96, 2002.
- Kodama, I.Y.S. , “Flash-Butt Welding of High Strength Steels,” Nippon Steel Technical Report, 2007, 81-87.
- Jarausch, R. , “Machine Caused Influences on the Quality of Flash Butt Welding,” DVS-Ber. 665, 2011.
- Jeong, B.Y., Woo, I.S., and Lee, J.B. , “Microstructure Properties and Fracture Mechanism of the Flash Butt Welded Joint of High Strength Steel (590 MPa),” Korean Welding Society 188-190, 2004.
- Kim, D.C., and Kang, M.J. , “Effect on Flash Butt Welding Parameter on Welding Quality on Mooring Chain,” International Scientific Journal 4(6):198-210, 2003.
- Krishnaraj, N., and Rao, K.P. , “The Quality of Flash Butt Welding: Welding Parameter,” Welding Journal 7:103-123, 1993.
- Pirumov, A.E., Shevchenko, M.V., and Skachkov, I.O. , “Quality monitoring of Welding by Electric Characteristics of Process,” Scientific Bulletin 5:84-88, 2011.
- Ûwiek, J. , “Hydrogen Assisted Cracking of High-Strength Weldable Steels in Sea-Water,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology 1007-1013, 2005.