This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Transfer Function of Combustion Noise in DI-Diesel Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 16, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A single cylinder DI-diesel engine is chosen as the research object, to study the relationship between the cylinder pressure and surface vibration and the combustion noise. In order to separate the noise of piston slapping from the combustion noise and identify the combustion noise, a new experimental method is designed to obtain the transfer function of combustion noise by setting off a small explosive charge in the cylinder with the crankshaft locked in a fixed position. The spectrum of cylinder pressure created by the explosive charge is measured, along with the spectrum of radiated noise. The transfer function of the combustion noise which reflects the structure attenuation of engine can be obtained. The transfer functions gained from different shape of the combustion chamber and different exploding pressures are compared and analyzed. The measurement of noise is carried out in a practical DI-diesel. The combustion noise that includes the piston slapping noise is gained by time window and compared with the combustion noise that is gained by combustion noise's transfer function and combustion pressure. The character of the noise of piston slapping is analyzed. The method of obtaining the theoretical combustion noise is provided.
CitationGe-qun, S., Hai-qiao, W., and Rui, H., "The Transfer Function of Combustion Noise in DI-Diesel Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2486, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-2486.
- Hicking R. Cavity Resonance in Engine Combustion Chambers and Some Applications J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 73 1983
- Pschinger F. Regularities of Cylinder Pressure Oscillation and Their Effects on the Combustion Process and Noise SAE 872248
- Pschinger F. The naval method for measuring diesel combustion noise directly Noise and Oscillation Control 5 34 38 1984
- Russell M.F. Automotive Diesel Engine Noise and its Control Paper No. 730243 SAE Int.
- Russell M.F. Establishing a Target for Control of Diesel Combustion Noise Paper No. 790271 SAE Int.
- Yajima, Yuji et al New measuring technique of cylinder pressure spectrum and its application to combustion noise reduction: Time-frequency analysis of combustion excitation using wavelet transform analysis JSAE Review 19 3 Jul 1998 280 282
- Cerda S. Romero J. Navasquillo J. Zurita, G. A new time-frequency representation: Analysis of the combustion noise Acta Acustica (Stuttgart) 87 3 May June 2001 423 425
- Miura, Yasuo et al A study on separation of combustion noise using a transient noise generation model Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers 70 692 April 2004 1106 1111
- Haiqiao Wei Gequn Shu Study on high-frequency pressure oscillation of combustion pressure through wavelet analysis journal of tianjin university 2004 37 7 620 624