This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Study on Combustion Noise in Transient Conditions of DI-Diesel Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 16, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper studies the effect of transient conditions on combustion noise of DI-Diesel engines. After testing technique and method of transient conditions have been developed, the law that governs the difference of combustion noise in transient conditions and that in steady conditions in the same load and at the same rotation speed can be found. By studying the difference of the combustion process in transient conditions and steady conditions, the paper analyzes the results of testing. It will result in differences of the ignition delay, start point of combustion, and fuel injection quantity in transient conditions and those in steady conditions since the combustion chamber wall's temperature, fuel injection pressure, maximum needle lift and unseal standing time of needle lift in transient conditions are higher than those in steady conditions in the same load and at the same rotation speed. The result shows that the difference between the aerodynamic load as well as high-frequency oscillation of combustion pressure in transient conditions and those in steady conditions in the same load and at the same rotation speed result in different combustion noise.
CitationGe-qun, S., Hai-qiao, W., and Xing-yu, L., "Experimental Study on Combustion Noise in Transient Conditions of DI-Diesel Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2487, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-2487.
- Xi-ling Liu Yan Ding Research of Vehicle Driving Cycle on the Road in China's Cities Research of Environmental Sciences 2000 13 1 23 27
- Head H.E. Wake J.D. Noise of diesel engines under transient conditions Detroit 1980 SAE , 800404
- Rust A Thien G E Effect of transient conditions on combustion noise of NA-DI-Diesel engines SAE Traverse 1987
- Russell, M.F. et al Modulation of injection rate to improve direct injection diesel engine noise SAE Transactions 1990 99 804 816
- Selamet et al Noise sources in internal combustion engines ASME Noise Control and Acoustics Division Proceedings of the 1996 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition Nov 17 22 1996 22 1 1996 Atlanta, GA, , USA ASME ASME New York NY USA 99
- Hicking R. Cavity resonance in engine combustion chambers and some applications Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 1983 73 1170 1178
- Pschinger F. The naval method for measuring diesel combustion noise directly Noise and Oscillation Control 5 34 38 1984
- Wei Haiqiao Su Gequn Study on the relation between piston impinging vibration and combustion noise of internal combustion engine Transactions of Chinese Society for Internal Combustion Engines 2002 20 5 429 432
- Pschinger F. Regularities of cylinder pressure oscillation and their effects on the combustion process and noise SAE Transaction 1987 1041 1049
- Xue Yuan An investigation on the combustion pressure pulsation of D.I. diesel engine and the relation between combustion noise or vibration and it Tianjin Tianjin university 1993
- Wei Haiqiao Su Gequn Study on high-frequency pressure oscillation of combustion pressure through wavelet analysis Journal of Tianjin university 2004 37 7 620 624