This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Dynamic Characteristics of CVT Electro-Hydraulic Control Valves Including Shift Dynamics
Published June 12, 2000 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Korea in South Korea
Annotation ability available
Dynamic characteristics of a line regulator and ratio control valve for an electronic controlled metal belt CVT are investigated by considering the CVT shift dynamics. Based on the dynamic models of the variable force solenoid valve, line regular valve and ratio control valve, simulations are performed and compared with the test results. It is seen that the ratio control valve has a on-off characteristics, which may result in a pressure pulsation in the primary actuator. In addition, the effects of the orifice size at the ratio control valve exhaust port are investigated. It is found that as the orifice size is decreased, magnitude of the residual pressure increases, which ensures the belt clamping force to transmit a large torque during the downshift at the cost of slow shifting. It is expected that the dynamic models of the CVT hydraulic system obtained in this study can be used in design of a prototype CVT
CitationJung, K., Lee, H., Kim, T., Kim, H. et al., "Dynamic Characteristics of CVT Electro-Hydraulic Control Valves Including Shift Dynamics," SAE Technical Paper 2000-05-0131, 2000.
- Hirano, S. Miller, A. Schmeider, K. 1991 SCVT - A State of the Art Electronically Controlled Continuously Variable Transmission SAE 910410
- Fuchino, M. Ohsono, K. 1996 Development of Fully Electronic Control Metal Belt CVT. Proc. Int. conf. On Continuously Variable Power Transmissions 23 32
- Sato, K. Sakakiyama, S. Nakamura, H. 1996 Development of Electronically Controlled CVT System Equipped with CVTip Proc. Int. Conf. on Continuously Variable Power Transmissions 53 58
- Cho, B. H. Lee, K. I. Hur, J. W. Jung, G. H. 1999 Modeling of Proportional Control Solenoid Valve for Automatic Transmission Using System Identification Theory SAE 1999-01-1061
- Ide, T. Udagawa, A. Kataoka, R. 1995 Simulation Approach to the Effect of the Ratio Changing Speed of a Metal V-Belt CVT on the Vehicle Response Vehicle System Dynamics 24 377 388