This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Load-Sensing Gear Pumps
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 14, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The application of open-circuit, load-sensing hydraulic systems in industrial, marine, and mobile equipment has long provided many advantages to machine designers, manufacturers, distributors, dealers, and end-user customers. Typically, the flow for such systems is provided by variable-displacement piston or vane pumps. However, in some applications, fixed-displacement gear pumps with integral load-sensing valve packages offer a more economical, and (depending on machine duty cycle and other parameters) a more efficient system. This paper will provide an overview of the design and advantages of these units, discuss the essential criteria which must be considered during the “fixed-displacement versus variable-displacement” pump selection process, and describe some typical applications.
CitationRosenbecker, K. and Maney, J., "Load-Sensing Gear Pumps," SAE Technical Paper 982063, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/982063.
- Chmielewski, Craig “HUSCO's CompChek* Technology -- An Innovative Approach for Load-Sensing Systems” SAE Paper Number 932406 1993 “CompChek” HUSCO International, Inc.
- “G20-LS/G30-LS Load-Sense Variable Discharge High Pressure Gear Pumps” Haldex Barnes Corporation Publication G20-LS/G30-LS Copyright 1997
- Mollo, James “The Theory & Application of Load and Flow Sensing Using the G 20/30 LS Variable Discharge Gear Pump” A Haldex Barnes Corporation Technical Paper Copyright 1993
- “Priority Flow Control and Priority Flow Control with Load-Sensing” Haldex Barnes Corporation Product Education Manual Number PEM-97210 Copyright March 1998
- “W900 Hydraulic Gear Pump” Haldex Barnes Corporation Publication W900 Copyright September 1996
- “W Series Hydraulic Gear Pump & Gear Motor Service Manual” Haldex Barnes Corporation Publication SD-96101 Copyright August 1996