Searching SAE MOBILUS
SAE MOBILUS contains both filter and facet navigation. “Filters” and “Facets” are used to help analyze a large set of content and narrow search results in an effort to aid the end user in finding relevant information.
Before you search:
“Filter” is used to limit search results based on specific criteria. Collections and Date are filters in SAE MOBILUS. Selecting collection(s) or entering a specific date range will limit the search results per your criteria.
Collections: The “Collections” represent all available documents that are contained within your subscription
Date: Select a year or enter a date range to filter the results set.
“Facets” group content under headings that are related and deemed useful by the end user. Facets are based on content within your latest search result. For example, in SAE MOBILUS the facets Content Type, Topic, Sector and Author to name a few are provided. Facets can be used individually, or layered, which means that as a facet is applied, and the results are analyzed, additional facets can be applied.
Applying filters and facets can take a broad topic, such as engines, and narrow the results to much more specific content (e.g., LACE Jet Engine Aerospace Standards published in the past three years).
The facets will update and display based on the search conducted and corresponding search results. You can select as many facets to a new search or search results as needed. The available facet groups are:
Each time you refine your search by applying filters and facets, you will need to “APPLY” and “RESET” the available filters. The “APPLY” and “RESET” buttons are available at both the top and bottom of the filter list for easy access.
- Use “APPLY” when adding, removing, or making changes to a facet
- Use “RESET” to remove all filters and facets that have been applied to your search results.
Tour of the search page:
- Search Field: The “Search Field” is where the initial search for content takes place. Use the “SEARCH” button or “ENTER” on your keyboard to execute the search A dropdown is available to instantly search within specific content attributes. Key term breadcrumbs will appear under the search field.
- Advanced Search: Advanced search operators are available by selecting the “Advanced Search” that appears to the right of the search field.
- Search History: The searches conducted during your SAE MOBILUS session are captured as part of the “Search History” and can be saved to your personal Dashboard.
- Show Only: The “Show Only” option will reduce your search results to only show content that:
- Newly Added Content: content added to the platform in the past 45 days
- My Access: content that is full text accessible as part of your subscription
- Full Text Content: content that has a PDF available
- Search Results Task Bar: The “Search Result Task Bar” is activated when selecting a document by using the available check boxes or by using select all. The task bar will scroll up and down the page to offer quick access to “EXPORT”, “DOWNLOAD”, “FAVORITE” and “SHARE”.
Search Result Task Bar
The search result page contains a “Search Result Task Bar” that will appear when you select a title by using the check box to the left of the document name, or as you use “SELECT ALL”. This task bar will remain active as you scroll up and down the search result page.
1. Export publication metadata and citations:
- Export: Allows for the export of the metadata for selected results can be exported in .csv, .txt and .xlsx formats.
- Citation: Citation exports utilize the same export tool described above for “RIS Format”, “REFWORKS”, “ENDNOTE” and “BIBTEX”.
2. Download documents quickly in multiple file formats.
3. Favorite is a feature of the SAE MOBILUS Dashboard that requires a personal login. This feature allows you to select documents, tag them as a favorite, and save them to individual folders located in the Dashboard.
4. Share: Allows you to share a selection of results through email. The document record(s) is cleanly formatted and inserted into an email. Each record in the email is linked back to the corresponding document detail page in SAE MOBILUS.