Aircraft Ground Support Equipment - Wind Stability Determination
- Aerospace Standard
uniform criteria for determination of wind loads that aircraft ground support equipment can encounter and yet allow personnel to work safely,
uniform systems for maintaining stability (i.e., stabilizers, outriggers, spring lockout devices),
standardization of specific types of interlock systems and actuation systems,
a standard formula with its associated design criteria for calculating the steady-state wind stability (i.e., tip point) for aircraft ground support equipment,
a standard method for testing these systems.
|Aerospace Standard||Aircraft Ground Support Equipment - Wind Stability Determination|
|Aerospace Standard||Aircraft Engine Transport Devices|
|Aerospace Standard||Effects of Hanging Loads (e.g., GOH) on ULD Performance|
Data Sets - Support Documents
AGE-3 is the Aircraft Ground Support Equipment Committee that addresses all aspects of airport, ground support equipment and associated systems that interface or require compatibility with the aircraft. The objectives of the Committee are:
- Develop and maintain technical standards, specifications and reports related to aircraft ground servicing and in particular to:
- Airport Ground Support Equipment (GSE)
- Aircraft to GSE interface
- GSE operation, maintenance and operator training
- Airport facilities and systems that have a direct relationship to and interface with GSE
- GSE environment related issues, including noise and emissions.
- Provide a forum for exchange of technical information related to aircraft ground operations where issues can be addressed and resolved.
- Coordinate and harmonize worldwide standards development with CEN TC 274, ISO TC 20/SC9, IATA GSEE and other standardization groups.
- Promote the global use of high quality standards and practices within the aircraft ground servicing scope.
- Promote research and innovation in any topics related to the scope of the Committee.
Participants in the SAE AGE-3 include OEMs, ground handling companies, airlines, suppliers, consulting firms and other actors across the aerospace and defence industries.