This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Aircraft Ground Support Equipment – General Requirements
- Aerospace Standard
Published February 12, 2018 by SAE International in United States
Downloadable datasets availableAnnotation ability available
This SAE Aerospace Recommended Practice (ARP) outlines the basic general design requirements for ground support equipment used in the civil air transport industry. It is intended to assist in standardizing requirements for various configurations of equipment. For procurement of equipment, sections of this document should be specified with due consideration of the functional and environmental requirements of the equipment, and to the relative cost of satisfying those requirements.
Revised to harmonize with European and International Standards in order to progress towards global GSE standardization.
|Aerospace Standard||Minimum Safety Requirements for Special Purpose Airline Ground Support Equipment|
|Aerospace Standard||Aircraft Ground Support Equipment - Wind Stability Determination|
|Aerospace Standard||Mobility, Towed Aerospace Ground Equipment, General Requirements For|
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
|Unnamed Dataset 5|
|Unnamed Dataset 6|
|Unnamed Dataset 7|
|Unnamed Dataset 8|
|Table 1||Maximum allowable flow velocity|
|Table 2||Traveling speeds|
AGE-3 Aircraft Ground Support Equipment Committee
AGE-3 is the Aircraft Ground Support Equipment Committee that addresses all aspects of airport, ground support equipment and associated systems that interface or require compatibility with the aircraft. The objectives of the Committee are:
- Develop and maintain technical standards, specifications and reports related to aircraft ground servicing and in particular to:
- Airport Ground Support Equipment (GSE)
- Aircraft to GSE interface
- GSE operation, maintenance and operator training
- Airport facilities and systems that have a direct relationship to and interface with GSE
- GSE environment related issues, including noise and emissions.
- Provide a forum for exchange of technical information related to aircraft ground operations where issues can be addressed and resolved.
- Coordinate and harmonize worldwide standards development with CEN TC 274, ISO TC 20/SC9, IATA GSEE and other standardization groups.
- Promote the global use of high quality standards and practices within the aircraft ground servicing scope.
- Promote research and innovation in any topics related to the scope of the Committee.
Participants in the SAE AGE-3 include OEMs, ground handling companies, airlines, suppliers, consulting firms and other actors across the aerospace and defence industries.
* Redlines comparisons are available for those standards listed in the Revision History that contain a radio button. A redline comparison of the current version against a revision is accomplished by selecting the radio button next to the standard and then selecting 'compare'. At this time, Redline versions only exist for some AMS standards. SAE will continue to add redline versioning with ongoing updates to SAE MOBILUS.