This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Integration of Simulation and Testing for Microelectronics Package Reliability Improvement
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 23, 1998 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Computer simulation has been used as a vital and powerful tool for evaluating stresses in microelectronics packages due to thermal-mechanical loading. Experimental measurement and reliability testing have been performed for modeling correlation and verification. In the past several years, the authors have been integrating computer simulation and testing to significantly improve package reliability at Motorola SPS. Several examples are presented for illustration and demonstration of the methodology.
|Technical Paper||High Pincount Packages Under Automotive Conditions|
|Technical Paper||Selection Criteria for Simulation Test Systems|
|Technical Paper||A Design Optimization Method Using Possibility Theory|
CitationLi, Q., Dougherty, D., and Xu, Y., "Integration of Simulation and Testing for Microelectronics Package Reliability Improvement," SAE Technical Paper 980345, 1998, https://doi.org/10.4271/980345.
- Bocci, W.J. “Finite Engineering Analyses Applied to Micro-electronics,” Proc. 1986 National Aerospace and Electronics Conferences (NACECON '86) 4 May 1986 1150 1153
- Lau John H. “Thermomechanics for Electronics Packaging,” Thermal Stress and Strain in Microelectronics Packaging Lau John H. Van Nostand Reinhold 1993
- Dougherty David Li Quan Shah Mahesh “Sensor Package Design Improvement Using Computer Simulation and Experimental Testing,” ASME 1995
- Yeh C.-P. Ume C. Fulton R.E. Wyatt K.W. Stafford J.W. Correlation of Analytical and Experimental Approaches to Determination of Thermally Induced Printed Wiring Board (PWB) Warpage,” Thermal Stress and Strain in Microelectronics Packaging Lau John H. Van Nostand Reinhold 1993
- Li Q.B. Malohn D.A. “Validation of FEM Modal Analysis Using Holographic Interferometry,” Florida, USA Feb. 1988
- Hattori T. Sakata S. Watanabe T. “A Stress Singularity Parameter Approach for Evaluating Adhesive and Fretting Strength,” Advances in Adhesively Bonded Joints 6 Mall S. Liechti K.M. Vinson J.R. ASME 1989
- ANSYS User's Manual IV Swanson Analysis Systems, Inc. 1994
- Vest Charles M. Holographic Interferometry 177 John Wiley & Sons 1979
- Li Q.B. “Robust Design of Pressfit Diode Package Via Simulation and Accelerated Reliability Testing,” Motorola Winter AMT (Advanced Manufacturing Technology) Symposium 1 30 1997
- Li Quan Motorola internal report: MSPS/CPSTG-IMO/TR-94/0003 6 24 1994
- Hawkins George Berg Howard Mahalingam Mali Lewis Gary Lofgran Lynn “Measurement of Silicon Strength As Affected By Wafer Back Processing,” Motorola Internal Report No. REPL-87-8 4 15 1987