This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Quantitative Prediction of Rattle in Impacting System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 20, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents the results of a combined theoretical and experimental study to find the relationship between a system's parameters and the sound generated when the system impacts against a rigid fixture. Although the particular physical structure investigated is a flexible cantilever beam, the approach adopted is such that the results are valid for a more general class of problem.
|Technical Paper||Modeling and Analysis of Automotive Transmission Rattle|
|Technical Paper||Squeak Studies on Material Pairs|
|Technical Paper||Active Boom Noise Control|
CitationHer, J., Hsieh, S., Li, W., and Haddow, A., "Quantitative Prediction of Rattle in Impacting System," SAE Technical Paper 972059, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/972059.
- Pfeiffer, F. Kunert, A. “Rattling Models from Deterministic to Stochastic Processes” Nonlinear Dynamics 1 63 74 1990
- Comparin, R.J. Singh R. “An Analytical Study of Automotive Neutral Gear Rattle” Journal of Mechanical Design June 1990 112 237 245
- Akay, A. “A Review of Impact Noise” Journal of Acoustics Society of America 64 4 October 1978
- Thompson, M. G. Bishop, S. R. Forale, S. “An Experimental Study of Low Velocity Impacts” Machine Vibrations March 1994 10 17
- Shaw, S. W. Holmes, P.J. “A Periodically Forced Piecewise Linear Oscillator” Journal of Sound and Vibration May 1983 90 1 129 155
- Wolfram, S. Mathematica. A System for Doing Mathematics by Computer Addison-Wesley Publishing Company 2nd
- Igarashi, T. Aimoto, T “Studies on Impact Sound” Bulletin of JSME 28 240 June 1985