This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Advances in Desktop Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 24, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation allows ECUs to be tested in a simulated environment in closed loop. Engines, vehicles, and other components the ECU normally controls are replaced by high-fidelity models executed on a real-time computer system. This paper shows that today's hardware/software technology makes comprehensive and powerful low-cost desktop simulators feasible. It is also shown that it is now possible to use the same tools for Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation that have been used in the control development.
CitationHanselmann, H., "Advances in Desktop Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 970932, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/970932.
- Butler K.R. Wagner J.R. “A Strategy to Demonstrate the Compliance of Automotive controller Software to Systems Requirements Using Simulation Technology” SAE paper 940492
- Hanselmann H. “Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation as a Standard Approach for Development, Customization, Production Test” SAE paper 930207
- Krohm H. Gheorghiu V. “Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation for an Electronic Clutch Management System” SAE paper 950420
- Bach Th. Schmitt H. Schwanke W. Tumbrink H.-J. “ROADRUNNER-Real-time simulation in anti-lock brake system development” SAE paper 950758
- Hanselmann H. Smith K. “Real-Time Simulation Replaces Test Drives” Test&Measurement February 15 1996
- Kiffmeier U. “A Hardware-in-the-Loop Testbench for ABS Controllers” Conference on Control and Diagnostics in Automotive Applications Genova, Italy October 3-4 1996
- Kimura A. Maeda I. „Development of an Engine Control System using a Real-Time Simulator” IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Aided Control System Design Dearborn, Michigan September 15-18 1996
- Hanselmann H. “Automotive Control: From Concept to Experiment to Product” IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Aided Control System Design Dearborn, Michigan September 15-18 1996
- Hanselmann H. “DSP-Based Automotive Sensor Signal Generation for Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation” SAE paper 940185
- Weeks R.W. Moskwa J.J. “Automotive Engine Modeling for Real-Time Control Using MATLAB/SIMULINK” SAE paper 950417
- Otterbach R. Kiffmeier U. 10th Symposium Simulationstechnik (Simulation Technology) Dresden, Germany Sept. 16-19 1996
- Kiffmeier U. „A Hardware-in-the-Loop Testbench for ABS Controllers” 1st International Conference on Control&Diagnostics in Automotive Applications” Genova, Italy Oct. 3-4 1996