This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Hardware-in-the Loop Simulation as a Standard Approach for Development, Customization, and Production Test of ECU's
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 01, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Hardware-in-the-loop simulation may become a standard tool for the development of electronic or mechanical automotive components. A single component or even a whole vehicle can be replaced by mathematical models simulated in real time on small and cost-effective hardware systems, while other components which need testing or are just part of the test setup, are connected to the simulation in a closed-loop configuration. Progress in modelling, experience gained with smaller-scale simulations, and the now available low-cost hardware with easy-to-use software tools make this technology very attractive
CitationHanselmann, H., "Hardware-in-the Loop Simulation as a Standard Approach for Development, Customization, and Production Test of ECU's," SAE Technical Paper 931953, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/931953.
- Kempf D. Bonderson L.S. Slafer L.I. ‘Real Time Simulation for Application to ABS Development’ SAE paper 870336 1987
- Hanselmann H. ‘Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation as a Standard Approach for Development, Customization, and Production Test’ SAE paper 930207 1993
- Bach Th. ‘Real-Time simulation in anti lock brake system development based on a personal computer’ VDI-Berichte 974 VDI Verlag Düsseldorf 1992
- Gheorghiu V. Schmitz H. Krohm H. ‘Echtzeitmodelle für Hardware-in-the-Loop-Systeme’ ASM Symposium Simulationstechnik Berlin 1993
- Hanselmann H. ‘Present Status and Future Tendency of DSP Technology’ JSME seminar on ‘Control of Motion and Vibration Based upon Advanced Theory with DSP’ Tokyo 1992
- Wittenburg J. Wolz U. Schmidt A. ‘MESA VERDE - A General-purpose Program Package for Symbolical Dynamics Simulations of Multibody Systems’ Schiehlen W. Multibody Systems Springer Verlag 1990