This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Advances in Desktop Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 24, 1997 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation allows ECUs to be tested in a simulated environment in closed loop. Engines, vehicles, and other components the ECU normally controls are replaced by high-fidelity models executed on a real-time computer system. This paper shows that today's hardware/software technology makes comprehensive and powerful low-cost desktop simulators feasible. It is also shown that it is now possible to use the same tools for Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation that have been used in the control development.
CitationHanselmann, H., "Advances in Desktop Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 970932, 1997, https://doi.org/10.4271/970932.
- Butler K.R. and Wagner J.R., “A Strategy to Demonstrate the Compliance of Automotive controller Software to Systems Requirements Using Simulation Technology”, SAE paper 940492.
- Hanselmann H., “Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation as a Standard Approach for Development, Customization, Production Test”, SAE paper 930207.
- Krohm H. and Gheorghiu V., “Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation for an Electronic Clutch Management System”, SAE paper 950420.
- Bach Th., Schmitt H., Schwanke W. and Tumbrink H.-J., “ROADRUNNER-Real-time simulation in anti-lock brake system development”, SAE paper 950758.
- Hanselmann H. and Smith K., “Real-Time Simulation Replaces Test Drives”, Test&Measurement, February 15, 1996.
- Kiffmeier U., “A Hardware-in-the-Loop Testbench for ABS Controllers”, Conference on Control and Diagnostics in Automotive Applications, Genova, Italy, October 3-4, 1996.
- Kimura A. and Maeda I., „Development of an Engine Control System using a Real-Time Simulator”, IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Aided Control System Design, Dearborn, Michigan, September 15-18, 1996.
- Hanselmann H., “Automotive Control: From Concept to Experiment to Product”, IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Aided Control System Design, Dearborn, Michigan, September 15-18, 1996.
- Hanselmann H., “DSP-Based Automotive Sensor Signal Generation for Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation”, SAE paper 940185.
- Weeks R.W. and Moskwa J.J., “Automotive Engine Modeling for Real-Time Control Using MATLAB/SIMULINK”, SAE paper 950417.
- Otterbach R. and Kiffmeier U., “Eine neue Generation hochleistungsfähiger Echtzeitsimulatoren auf der Basis des Alpha AXP Prozessors”, 10th Symposium Simulationstechnik (Simulation Technology), ASIM'96, Dresden, Germany, Sept. 16-19, 1996.
- Kiffmeier U., „A Hardware-in-the-Loop Testbench for ABS Controllers”, 1st International Conference on Control&Diagnostics in Automotive Applications”, Genova, Italy, Oct. 3-4, 1996.