This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Evaluation of Advanced Steering Control with Computer Simulation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Using neural networks, an algorithm has been developed to steer a wheel loader vehicle. Mathematical functions have been used in the past in an attempt to model a human in their operation of many types of vehicles. Since such functions can typically only be derived for situations in which the problem domain is thoroughly understood, research continues in an effort to develop a complete “operator model”.
Neural Network algorithms were utilized in an attempt to determine the feasibility of accurately modeling the operator of a wheel loader construction vehicle. These algorithms were also used to determine how the control of different vehicle functions might be automated on a wheel loader.
|Journal Article||Verification of ABS Models Applied in Programs for Road Accident Simulation|
|Technical Paper||Gasketed Joint Analysis Using Computer Aided Engineering Techniques|
CitationNovak, M., Larson, M., and Larson, C., "Evaluation of Advanced Steering Control with Computer Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 932383, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/932383.
- Kramer U. Rohr G. A Model of Driver Behavior Ergonomics 1982 25 10 891 907
- McRuer Duane et. al. New Results in Driver Steering Control Models Human Factors 1977 19 (4) 381 397
- Reid L. Solowka E. A Systematic Study of Driver Steering Behavior Ergonomics 1981 24 6 447 462
- Godthelp J Precognitive Control: Open and Closed-Loop Steering in a Lane Change Manoveure Ergonomics 1985 28 10 1419 1438
- Kuperstein Michael Generated Neural Model for Adaptive Sensory-Motor Control of Single Postures. 1988 IEEE Proceedings of The International Conference on Robotics and Automation 1 140 144
- Pomerlau Dean Neural Network Based Autonomous Navigation. Vision and Navigation (The Carnegie Melon Navlab) edited by Thorpe Charles E 1988 83 93
- Hall James W. Stephen Lu. Replacing Human Process Control Functions with Neural Networks Journal of Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence 1992
- Nguyen Derrick H. Widrow Bernard Neural Networks for Self-Learning Control Systems IEEE Control Systems Magazine April 1990 18 23