This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Sensitivity of Wind-Tunnel Data to a High-Speed Moving Ground for Different Types of Road Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1988 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
SARDOU S.A. started as an aerodynamic consulting company using rented wind tunnels with moving or stationary ground. The company was involved in the racing car and low-drag research business.
During its work, it appeared that it was necessary to use a moving ground and a high Reynolds number wind tunnel for this work.
As there was no facility available giving both high air speed and ground motion, the company built its own wind tunnel.
This paper presents and analyzes results in the Max Sardou Wind Tunnel (MSWT) with trains trucks, sedan cars and racing cars.
CitationSardou, M., "The Sensitivity of Wind-Tunnel Data to a High-Speed Moving Ground for Different Types of Road Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 880246, 1988, https://doi.org/10.4271/880246.
- “Reynolds Effect” and “Moving Ground Effect” tested in a quarter scale wind tunnel over a high speed moving belt” SARDOU M.A. Elsevier science publishers 1986 245 270 AMSTERDAM
- “Moving ground and Reynolds effect on tractor-trailer” SARDOU M.A. S.A.E. 870707
- “Moving ground effect and speed interaction on sedan cars and racing cars” SARDOU M.A. VON KARMAN Institute March 17-21 Vehicle Aerodynamic
- “On the influence of ground movement and wheel rotation in test on modern car shapes” HACKETT WILLIAMS BAKER WALLIS S.A.E. 870245
- “Simulation de l'effet de sol au tunnel hydrodynamique” WERLE H. ONERA 412
- “Le tunnel hydrodynamique au service de l'industrie” WERLE H. ONERA Sciences et techniques 17 1969
- “Two dimensional Euler and Navier Stokes solutions of flow over the mid section of a car” FRITZ W. DORNIER, IAVD Genoa 1985
- “Computational study of aerodynamic behaviour of car configuration” HASHIGUSHI (MAZDA) AIAA 87 1386