This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Application of Direct System Identification Method for Engine Rigid Body Mount System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1986 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper concerns the Direct System Identification Method (hereafter referred to as DSIM) which allows accurate and quick determination of two groups of properties which exercise dominant effects on low frequency vibration of a vehicle body. The first group is the rigid body properties of an engine. The second group is the properties of each engine mount. Under the assumption that the engine/mount system is a rigid body, this paper makes theoretical discussion for using the DSIM to induce the parameters of an engine/mount system, and makes improvements for better correlation with experiments. Also mentioned is a comparison of this study with the experimental results and verification of consistency on those parameters obtained from DSIM to predict the accurate vehicle characteristics, along with the role this method will play in upgrading the technology of prediction analysis.
CitationButsuen, T., Ookuma, M., and Nagamatsu, A., "Application of Direct System Identification Method for Engine Rigid Body Mount System," SAE Technical Paper 860551, 1986, https://doi.org/10.4271/860551.
- Leuridan J.M. Brown D.L. Allemang R.J. “Direct System Parameter Identification of Mechanical Structures with Application to Modal Analysis” AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS 23rd Structures Structural Dynamics and Materials Conference 1982
- Fuh J.S. Chen S.Y. Berman A. “System Identification of Analytical Models of Damping Structures” AIAA 84-0926
- Hanagud S. Meyyapa M. Cheng Y.P. Craig J.I. “Identfication of Structural Dynamic Systems with Nonproportional Damping” AIAA 84-0993
- Geek B.E. Patton R.D. “Front Wheel Drive Engine Mount Optimization” SAE paper 840736 1984
- Bernard J.E. Starkey J.M. “Engine Mount Optimization” SAE paper 830257 1983
- Johnson S.R. Subhedar J.W. “Computer Optimization of Engine Mount Systems” SAE paper 790974 1979