This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design of Experiment of Dynamic Vibration Absorber for Drive Shaft
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The vibration theory and dynamic vibration absorber (DVA) theory is presented. Based on the finite element analysis and rigid-flexible coupling analysis, combined with an engineering example, drive shaft analysis model including DVA was established. The effects of DVA's parameters on the dynamic response of the main system, such as frequency ratio, mass ratio, installed position and damping ratio were studied independently as an experimental design. The studied conclusion was used to optimize DVA directionally, and optimization of multiple factors was completed. In this paper, the optimization design of a drive shaft with DVA was completed and a final test evaluation was implemented, that the rigid-flexible coupling analysis method was verified.
CitationFeng, C., Dong, Z., Yang, Y., Xie, C. et al., "Design of Experiment of Dynamic Vibration Absorber for Drive Shaft," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0631, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-0631.
- Juang , T. , Harvey , K. , Burzlaff , M. , and Rockett , P. Analytical and Experimental Development to Improve Powertrain System Induced Vehicle NVH Issues SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1533 2006 10.4271/2006-01-1533
- Abe , T. , Bonhard , B. , Cheng , M. , Bosca , M. et al. High Frequency Gear Whine Control by Driveshaft Design Optimization SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1478 2003 10.4271/2003-01-1478
- Vandenplas , B. , Gotoh , K. , and Dutre , S. Predictive Analysis for Engine/Driveline Torsional Vibration in Vehicle Conditions using Large Scale Multi Body Model SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1726 2003 10.4271/2003-01-1726
- Browne , M. and Pawlowski , R. Analytical Calculation of the Critical Speed of a Driveshaft SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2310 2005 10.4271/2005-01-2310
- Sweeney , S. Lateral Vibration Prediction of Drivelines Having a Flexible Coupling SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-2238 2011 10.4271/2011-01-2238
- Frahm H. Device for Daming Vibration of Bodies U.S.Patent No.989-958 1911
- Liu , K. and Liu , J. T damped dynamic vibration absorbers revisited and new result Journal of Sound and Vibration 2005 1181 1189
- Swayze , J. and Rivin , E. Improvements in the Optimization of Dynamic Vibration Absorbers SAE Technical Paper 971934 1997 10.4271/971934
- Bak , J. , Lee , K. , Park , J. , Lee , C. et al. Development of Active Vibration Control System for Driveshafts SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0028 2013 10.4271/2013-01-0028
- Duan , X. , Huang , X. , Shen , B. , Pan , X. et al. Application of NVH Countermeasures for Interior Booming Noise using Elastomeric Tuned Mass Damper SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-2124 2009 10.4271/2009-01-2124