This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Testing Methods for the Transient Behaviour of Charged Vehicle Engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1986 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Methods for testing the transient behaviour of pressure charged engines will become more important in the future because of their increasing popularity and usage.
Three test methods are discussed: Test methods possible on a normal engine test bench; Inertia assisted test benches for vehicle simulation; Tests in real vehicle installations.
The special features of these three methods are described, examining cost factors, accuracy and repeatability and also correlation between the different techniques. Test results from different engines with different charging systems are compared and correlated with vehicle data. Two test procedures for qualifying charging systems are proposed.
|Technical Paper||Customer Fuel Consumption – The Vehicle Data Bus as Real–World Information Source|
|Technical Paper||Sensitivity of Human Pressure Feelings while Sitting|
|Technical Paper||Free Field Simulation in Anechoic Chambers|
CitationHiereth, H., "Testing Methods for the Transient Behaviour of Charged Vehicle Engines," SAE Technical Paper 860451, 1986, https://doi.org/10.4271/860451.
- Monaghan Boosting for a purpose Turbocharging and Turbochargers IMechE-Conference London 1978
- Hauser Versuche und Rechnungen zum transienten Verhalten aufgeladener Fahrzeugmotoren VDI-Bericht Nr. 370 1980
- Schruf, Mayer Fuel economy for Diesel cars by Supercharging SAE-paper 810 343
- Jenny, Zumstein Pressure wave Supercharging of Passenger Car Diesel Engines IMechE-Conference 1982
- Hiereth, Withalm Vergleich des Instationärverhaltens verschiedener Aufladesysteme für PKW-Dieselmotoren FISITA 1982
- Kern et. all Hochdynamischer hydraulischer Motorprüfstand MTZ 46 1985 7 8
- Hiereth Eignungsäbschatzung neuerer Aufladesysteme für Fahrzeugmotoren MTZ 46 1985 10