This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Data for the Development of Criteria for General Aviation Seat and Restraint System Performance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 1985 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The General Aviation Safety Panel has developed recommendations for the performance of seating and restraint systems for small aircraft with fewer than 10 passenger seats, and has presented those recommendations to the Federal Aviation Administration as part of the “Small Airplane Airworthiness Review Program”. This paper presents the results of dynamic sled tests conducted at the Civil Aeromedical Institute in support of the Panel's work, and discusses the background for injury criteria and other specific parts of the recommendations.
CitationChandler, R., "Data for the Development of Criteria for General Aviation Seat and Restraint System Performance," SAE Technical Paper 850851, 1985, https://doi.org/10.4271/850851.
- Simula, Inc. Aircraft Survival Design Guide Applied Technology Laboratory, U.S. Army Research and Technology Laboratories (AVRADCOM) Fort Eustis, Virginia 23604 January 1980
- Safety Report: General Aviation Crashworthiness Project, Phase One National Transportation Safety Board, Bureau of Technology Washington, D.C. 20594 June 1983
- Safety Report: General Aviation Crashworthiness Project, Phase Two, Impact Severity and Potential Injury Prevention in General Aviation Accidents National Transportation Safety Board, Bureau of Technology Washington, D.C. 20594
- Garden, Huey D. Impulse Analysis of Airplane Crash Data with Consideration Given to Human Tolerance SAE 830748 Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, Pa 15069 April 1983
- Coltman, J.W. Bolukbasi, A.O. Laananen, D.H. Analysis of Rotocraft Crash Dynamics for Development of Improved Crashworthiness Design Criteria Simula, Inc. Tempe, Az 85282 November 1983
- Anthropomorphic Test Dummy Code of Federal Regulations
- Stech, E.L. Payne, P.R. Dynamic Models of the Human Body Frost Engineering Development Corp., AMRL TR 66-157, Aerospace Medical Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base Ohio November 1969
- Occupant Crash Protection, Injury Criteria U.S. Code of Federal Regulations Washington, D.C.
- Chou, Clifford C. Nyquist, Gerald W. Analytical Studies of the Head Injury Criterion (HIC) SAE 740082 Society of Automotive Engineers, Two Pennsylvania Plaza New York, New York 100001 January 1974
- Instrumentation for Impact Tests, SAE Recommended Practice SAE J211b Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, Pa 15096 December 1974
- Geertz, Arno Limits and Special Problem in the Use of Seat Catapults (thesis) Technische Hachschule Stuttgart, Germany 1944
- Coltman, J.W. Design and Test Criteria for Increased Energy-Absorbing Seat Effectiveness U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration, Office of Aviation Medicine Washington, D.C. 20591 March 1933
- Aircraft Torso Restraint System (Proposed Aerospace Standard), AS 8043 (in Draft form) Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, Pa 15096
- Motor Vehicle Instrument Panel Laboratory Impact Test Procedure - Head Area, SAE Recommended Practice SAE J921b Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, Pa 15096 November 1971
- Versace, J. A Review of the Severity Index SAE 710881 Fifteenth Stapp Car Crash Conference Proceedings Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, Pa 15096 November 1971
- Singley, G.T., III Test and Evaluation of Improved Aircrew Restraint Systems USAAVRADCOM-TR 81-D-27 Applied Technology Laboratory, U.S. Army Research and Technology Laboratories (AVRADCOM) Fort Eustis, Va 23604 September 1981
- Foret-Bruno, J.Y. Hartemann, F. Thomas, C. Fayon, A. Got, C. Patel, A. Correlation Between Thoracic Lesions and Force Values Measured at the Shoulder of 92 Belted Occupants Involved in Real Accidents SAE 780892 Twenty-Second Stapp Car Crash Conference Proceedings Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, Pa 15096 October 1978
- Olcott, John W. Draft criteria of the GASP proposal on the dynamic testing of seats for small aircraft (letter with enclosures) Business and Commercial Aviation, White Plains New York 10604 April 5 1984