This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Bulldozer Noise Control
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1980 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Bulldozer noise is the most serious noise problem for surface miners today. Not only are bulldozers the most common type of mobile equipment, but the majority of their operators are also exposed to more noise than current federal regulations allow. In 1977, the Bureau of Mines responded to this problem by developing retrofit noise control treatments which reduce the noise that reaches the operator. These treatments were specifically designed to be readily installed in the field at low cost. In 1978, these treatments were installed on two Caterpillar D9G’s in surface coal mines to demonstrate the noise reduction that can be achieved under actual production conditions. This paper presents the results of the field demonstrations.
|Technical Paper||High Sensitive Smoke Measurement for Dynamic Engine Tests|
|Technical Paper||DFSS for Robust Tooling Design with Concurrent Virtual Dimensional Analysis (CVDA) Methods|
|Technical Paper||Second Generation Smart Actuator|
- J.G. Kovac - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Bureau of Mines, Pittsburgh Research Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- R.C. Bartholomae - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Bureau of Mines, Pittsburgh Research Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- G.R. Bockosh - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Bureau of Mines, Pittsburgh Research Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- R. Madden - Bolt, Beranek, and Newman, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- M. Rubin - Bolt, Beranek, and Newman, Inc., Cambridge, MA
CitationKovac, J., Bartholomae, R., Bockosh, G., Madden, R. et al., "Bulldozer Noise Control," SAE Technical Paper 800935, 1980, https://doi.org/10.4271/800935.
- Ungar E. Eric (BBN) and Kenneth Sacks H. (USBM), “The Noise Exposure of Operators of Mobile Machines Used in U.S. Surface Coal Mines.” Final Report to Bureau of Mines under Contract J0166057.
- Madden, R. Rubin M. (BBN) and Kovac J. G. (USBM), “Demonstration of Bulldozer Noise Control.” USBM Contract No. J0177049.
- Dixon N. (BBN) and Kovac J. G. (USBM), “Noise Control of Rubber Tired Front End Loaders Used in Surface Mining.” USBM Contract No. J0395028.