This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Driver Response to Right Turning Path Intrusions at Signalized Intersections
ISSN: 2641-9637, e-ISSN: 2641-9645
Published April 14, 2020 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Ziraldo, E., Attalla, S., Kodsi, S., and Oliver, M., "Driver Response to Right Turning Path Intrusions at Signalized Intersections," SAE Int. J. Adv. & Curr. Prac. in Mobility 2(3):1623-1632, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2020-01-0884.
- Wu , J. Effect and Influence of Different Factors on Driver Behavior When Vehicles Make Right Turns at Signalized Intersections SHRP 2 Safety Data Student Paper Competition 2015-2016 Washington, D.C.: Transportation Research Board 2017 24 38
- Dabbour , E. Design Gap Acceptance for Right-Turning Vehicles Based on Vehicle Acceleration Capabilities Transportation Research Record 2521 1 12 21 2015 10.3141/2521-02
- SAE International Surface Vehicle Recommended Practice 2015
- Muttart , J. Quantifying Driver Response Times Based upon Research and Real Life Data Driving Assessment Conference USA June 27-30, 2005
- Attalla , S. , Toxopeus , R. , Kodsi , S. , and Oliver , M. Driver Response Time to Left-Turning Vehicles at Traffic Signal Controlled Intersections SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0521 2018 https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0521
- Pradhan , A. and Crundall , D. Hazard Avoidance in Young Novice Drivers: Definitions and a Framework Handbook of Teen and Novice Drivers: Research, Practice, Policy, and Directions Boca Raton: Taylor & Francis 2016 61 74 10.1201/9781315374123
- Hankey , J. , McGehee , D. , Dingus , T. , Mazzae , E. , and Garrott , W. Initial Driver Avoidance Behavior and Reaction Time to an Unalerted Intersection Incursion Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 40 18 896 899 1996 10.1177/154193129604001806
- D’Addario , P. and Donmez , B. The Effect of Cognitive Distraction on Perception-Response Time to Unexpected Abrupt and Gradually Onset Roadway Hazards Accident Analysis & Prevention 127 177 185 2019 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2019.03.003
- Lechner , D. and Malaterre , G. Emergency Maneuver Experimentation Using a Driving Simulator SAE Technical Paper 910016 1991 https://doi.org/10.4271/910016