This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of an Injection System for Small Engines with Adaptive Control for Sensorless Lambda Operation
Published January 24, 2020 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
With increasing requirements for small engines in terms of functionalities and emission standards, it is essential to be able to offer an integrated full-featured injection system that will meet future requirements. The system described is particularly suitable for small to medium-sized combustion engines, such as power generators, lawnmowers and small motorcycles, and has a corresponding cost structure, compactness and a high degree of integration. The main subject of the development is an electronic fuel injection system, which can provide information about the current air-fuel mixture through model-based software algorithms and also has an integrated ignition coil.
This article describes the procedure and the status of the research results of this development project. The basis of the method as already known from similar approaches of stimulating the running engine by a defined feedforward control of the injection quantity. The engine response is analyzed by the developed algorithm and conclusions about the actual air-fuel ratio are drawn. Thus, without the need for a hardware sensor, an engine operation in the application-specific lambda range can be realized. The studies have been performed with a mechanical and an electronic speed governor, as well as different moment of inertia of the flywheel in terms of function, accuracy and required time on a single-cylinder 4-stroke gasoline engine.
CitationErnst, B. and Lajda, M., "Development of an Injection System for Small Engines with Adaptive Control for Sensorless Lambda Operation," SAE Technical Paper 2019-32-0535, 2020.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Konrad Reif Ottomotor-Management - Steuerung, Regelung, und überwachung 4. Auflage Springer Vieweg 2014 10.1007/978-3-8348-2102-7
- Ulf Malte Svensson , Ulf Johan Petersson Steuerung für Brennkraftmaschine 1997
- Richard von Basshuysen , Fred Schäfer Handbuch Verbrennungsmotor - Grundlagen, Komponenten, Systeme, Perspektiven, 6. Auflage VIEWEG-TEUBER 2012 24 25
- Martin Meyer Signalverarbeitung - Analoge und digitale Signale, Systeme und Filter Anhang B, 7. Auflage Springer Vieweg 2014 30 31 10.1007/978-3-658-02612-7
- Martin Werner Digitale Signalverarbeitung mit MATLAB, 5. Auflage Vieweg + Teubner Verlag | Springer 2012
- https://tu-freiberg.de/sites/default/files/media/institut-fuer-mechanik-und-fluiddynamik-15832/Lehre/lehrveranstaltungen/fluid/MT/kreuzkorrela tion.pdf