This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Novel Method for Active Vibration Control of Steering Wheel
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 09, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Active control mainly comprises of three parts; sensor-detects the input disturbance, actuator -provide counter measures and control logic -processing of input disturbances and converting it into logical output. Lot of methods for active vibration control are available but this paper deals with active control of steering wheel vibrations of an LCV. A steering wheel is, one such component that directly transfers vibration to the driver. Active technique described here is implemented using accelerometer sensor, IMA (Inertial Mass Actuator) and feed forward Fx-LMS (Filtered reference Least Mean Square) control algorithm. IMA is a single-degree-of-freedom oscillator. To enable a control, IMA needs to be coupled to the structure at a single point, acting as an add-on to the passive system. Fx-LMS is a type of adaptive algorithm which is computationally simple and it also includes compensation for secondary path effects by using an estimate of the secondary path.
- Virendra Kuwar - Automotive Research Association of India
- Shivam Setia - Automotive Research Association of India
- Ninad Pachhapurkar - Automotive Research Association of India
- Prashant R Pawar - Automotive Research Association of India
- Medha Santosh Jambhale - Automotive Research Association of India
- Mangesh Ramesh Saraf - Automotive Research Association of India
- Jonathan Millitzer - Fraunhofer Institute LBF
- Thorsten Koch - Fraunhofer Institute LBF
- Sven Herold - Fraunhofer Institute LBF
CitationKuwar, V., Setia, S., Pachhapurkar, N., Pawar, P. et al., "A Novel Method for Active Vibration Control of Steering Wheel," SAE Technical Paper 2019-26-0180, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-26-0180.
- Winberg , M. , Johansson , S. , and Claesson , I. Inertial Mass Actuators, Understanding and Tuning Proceedings of the International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV) 11 St. Petersburg 2004
- Kuo , S.M. and Morgan , D.R. Active Noise Control Systems - Algorithms and DSP Implementations New York Wiley 1996
- Turner , C.S. Recursive Discrete-Time Sinusoidal Oscillators IEEE Signal Processing Magazine 20 3 103 111 May 2003
- Preumont , A. Vibration Control of Active Structures, an Introduction Third Edition Brussels Springer 2011
- Zakian , V. Control Systems Design UK Springer 2005
- Balachandran , B. and Magrab , E.B. Vibrations USA Cengage Learning 2009
- Bianchini , E. Active Vibration Control of Automotive Steering Wheels SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2546 2005 10.4271/2005-01-2546
- Kuo , S.M. and Morgan , D.R. Active Noise Control: A Tutorial Review Proceedings of the IEEE 87 6 June 1999