This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Novel Kind of Proportional Electromagnetic Dynamic Vibration Absorber
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 5, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
A new proportional electromagnetic dynamic vibration absorber (EDVA) is proposed for control of engine vibration during idling. The device consists of an electromagnetic actuator attached to the primary structure through elastic element, where the driving force pair is implemented between the reaction-mass and the primary structure. The design of the proportional electromagnetic actuator is realized considering the geometric parameters of the core to achieve nearly constant magnetic force over a broad range of its dynamic displacement but proportional to square of the current. A methodology is proposed to achieve magnetic force proportional to square of current and consistent with the disturbance frequency. The proportional EDVA is subsequently applied to a single-degree-of-freedom primary system with an acceleration feedback control algorithm for attenuation of primary system vibration in a frequency band around the typical idling vibration frequencies. The effectiveness of the hybrid proportional EDVA is evaluated through simulations and laboratory experiments under harmonic excitations in the 20-30 Hz frequency range. Both the simulation and measurements show that the hybrid proportional EDVA can yield effective attenuation of periodic idling vibration in the frequency range considered.
CitationFU, T., "A Novel Kind of Proportional Electromagnetic Dynamic Vibration Absorber," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1586, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1586.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
- Cheung, Y.L., Wong, W.O., and Cheng, L. , “A Subsystem Approach for Analysis of Dynamic Vibration Absorbers Suppressing Broadband Vibration,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 342:75-89, 2015.
- Sayyad, F.B. and Gadhave, N.D. , “Variable Stiffness Type Magnetic Vibration Absorber to Control the Vibration of Beam Structure,” Journal of Vibration and Control 20(13):1960-1966, 2014.
- Yang, Z.R., Qin, C.Y., Rao, Z.S. et al. , “Design and Analyses of Axial Semi-Active Dynamic Vibration Absorbers Based on Magnetorheological Elastomers,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures 25(17):2199-2207, 2014.
- Morgan, R.A. and Wang, K.W. , “An Active-Passive Piezoelectric Absorber for Structural Vibration Control under Harmonic Excitations with Time-Varying Frequency, Part 1: Algorithm Development And Analysis,” Journal of Vibration and Acoustics-Transactions of the ASME 124(1):77-83, 2002.
- Sun, J.Q., Jolly, M., and Norris, M. , “Passive, Adaptive and Active Tuned Vibration Absorbers-A Survey,” Transactions of the ASME 117:234-242, 1995.
- Guo, Y., Mao, J., and Zhou, K. , “Rate-Dependent Modeling and H∞ Robust Control of GMA Based on Hammerstein Model with Preisach Operator,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology 23(6):2432-2439, 2015.
- Simonovic, A.M. , “Experimental Studies on Active Vibration Control of Smart Plate Using a Modified PID Controller with Optimal Orientation of Piezoelectric Actuator,” Journal of Vibration and Control 22(11):2619-2631, 2016.
- Høgsberg, J., Brodersen, M.L., and Krenk, S. , “Resonant Passive-Active Vibration Absorber with Integrated Force Feedback Control,” Smart Mater. Struct. 25:047001, 2016.
- Agee, J.T., Kizir, S., and Bingul, Z. , “Intelligent Proportional-Integral Control of a Single Link Flexible Joint Manipulator,” Journal of Vibration and Control 21(11):2273-2288, 2015.
- Zilletti, M. , “Feedback Control Unit with an Inerter Proof-Mass Electrodynamic Actuator,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 369:16-28, 2016.
- Huang, Y.M. and Hung, S.C. , “Analytical Study of an Active Piezoelectric Absorber on Vibration Attenuation of a Plate,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 330:361-373, 2011.
- Paulitsch, C., Gardonio, P., and Elliott, S.J. , “Active Vibration Damping Using an Inertial, Electrodynamic Actuator,” Journal of Vibration and Acoustics 129(1):39-47, 2006.
- Chen, Y.D., Fuh, C.C., and Tung, P.C. , “Application of Voice Coil Motors in Active Dynamic Vibration Absorbers,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics 41(3):1149-1154, 2005.
- Hassan, A., Perez, A.T., Kaczmarczyk, S. et al. , “Vibration Control of a Stirling Engine with an Electromagnetic Active Tuned,” Control Engineering Practice 51:108-120, 2016.
- Bohn, C., Cortabarria, A., Artel, V.H. et al. , “Active Control of Engine-Induced Vibrations in Automotive Vehicles using Disturbance Observer Gain Scheduling,” Control Engineering Practice 12:1029-1039, 2004.
- Lee, P. and Rahbar, A. , “Active Tuned Absorber for Displacement-On-Demand Vehicles,” SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2545, 2005, doi:10.4271/2005-01-2545.
- Li, Y., He, L., Shuai, C.G. et al. , “Improved Hybrid Isolator with Maglev Actuator Integrated in Air Spring for Active-Passive Isolation of Ship Machinery Vibration,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 407:226-239, 2017.
- Sefkat, G. , “The Design Optimization of the Electromechanical Actuator,” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization 37(6):635-644, 2009.