This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Control of the Distillation Curve of Biodiesel Fuel by Cross-Metathesis Reaction Based on Fatty-Acid Composition
ISSN: 2641-9637, e-ISSN: 2641-9645
Published December 19, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Kawasaki, K., Yamane, K., and Umeno, R., "Control of the Distillation Curve of Biodiesel Fuel by Cross-Metathesis Reaction Based on Fatty-Acid Composition," SAE Int. J. Adv. & Curr. Prac. in Mobility 2(1):330-336, 2020, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-2187.
- Masato, K., Hiroshi, O., and Tohru, N. , “Study of Fuel Dilution in Lubricating Oil of FAME Fueled Engine,” in The 20th Internal Combustion Engine Symposium, 2009, 455-460 (in Japanese).
- Kotaro, M., Naoya, S., Koji, Y., and Kiyoshi, K. , “Influence of Biodiesel Fuel on Lubricant Oil Oxidative Degradation,” SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2030 , 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-2030.
- Wattrus, M., “Fuel Property Effects on Oil Dilution in Diesel Engines,” SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 6(3):794-806, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-2680.
- Daichi, S., Yosuke, O., and Masashi, M. , “Effect of Bio Diesel Fuel on Sludge Prevention Performance of Engine Oil,” Honda R&D Technical Review 21(1):178-184, 2009 (in Japanese).
- Hideki, K., Kazuhiro, T., Naotoshi, K., and Nobusuke, M. , “Development of Engine Oil for Bio Diesel Fuel (First Report),” Proc. JSAE, No. 149-08, No. 20085633, 2008 (in Japanese).
- Nobuo, M., Motoharu, I., Hideki, K., and Kazuhiro, T. , “Development of Engine Oil for Bio Diesel Fuel (Second Report) An Analysis of Product from Bio Diesel Fuel in Engine Oil,” Proc. JSAE, No. 149-08, No. 20085738, 2008 (in Japanese).
- Katherine, M.R. and Stuart, M. , “Impact of Biodiesel on Lubricant Corrosion Performance,” SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-2660 , 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-2660.
- Thornton, M.J., Alleman, T.L., Luecke, J., and McCormick, R.L. , “Impacts of Biodiesel Fuel Blends Oil Dilution on Light-Duty Diesel Engine Operation,” NREL Conference Paper, NREL/CP-540-44833, 2009, 1-11.
- Mitsuru O. et al. , “Influence of Base Diesel Fuel upon Biodiesel Sludge Formation Tendency,” SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 2(1):127-138, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-0482.
- Fujimoto, K., Yamashita, M., Kaneko, T., and Ishikawa, M. , “Influence of Bio Diesel Fuel on Engine Oil Performance,” SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 3(2):362-368, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-01-1543.
- Takashi H. et al. , “Impact of Waste Cooked Oil Methyl Ester B5 Diesel Fuel on Diesel Engine Oil Performance,” Proc. JSAE, No.131-09, No. 20095544, 2009, (in Japanese)
- Takashi, H. et al. , “Impact of Waste Cooked Oil Methyl Ester Bio Diesel Fuel on Diesel Engine Oil Performance (2nd report),” Proc. JSAE, No. 138-10, No.20105509, 2010, (in Japanese)
- Stepien, Z., Urzedowska, W., Oleksiak, S., and Czerwinski, J. , “Research on Emissions and Engine Lube Oil Deterioration of Diesel Engines with BioFuels (RME),” SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 4(1):125-138, 2011, https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-1302.
- Okamoto, K., Kaneko, T., Kakihara, T., Tsuchihashi, K. et al. , “Study of the Impact of High Biodiesel Blends on Engine Oil Performance,” SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 5(1):146-153, 2012, https://doi.org/2011-01-1930.
- Hirohide F. et al. , “Utilization Technology of Biofuels for Vehicle Engines-Biodiesel Fuel,” Journal of the JIME, 47(1):83-88, 2012 (in Japanese).
- McCabe, M. and Jones, C. , “Biodiesel: Impact on Engine Oil Durability,” Journal of the JIME, 47(1):89-96, 2012.
- Koji, Y., Hiroki, K., and Takayoshi, O. , “Elemental Analysis of Sludge Formed in Engine Oil Pan at Long Term Vehicle Running by Waste Cooking Oil Methyl Ester,” Proc. JSAE, No. 156-13, No. 20135688, 2013 (in Japanese).
- Luther, R. , “Alternative Fuels from the Engine Lubrication Point of View,” MTZ Worldwide (3):36-41, 2008.
- Schröder, O., Pabst, C., Munack, A., and Krahl, J. , “Lowering the Boiling Curve of Biodiesel by Metathesis,” MTZ Worldwide 77(2):64-69, 2016.
- Mori, K., Yamane, K., Kawasaki, K., and Osakada, K. , “Improvement of Engine Lubricant Oil Dilution by Reforming of FAME Using Metathesis Reaction,” Trans of JSAE 47(6):1229-1234, 2016 (in Japanese).
- Koji, Y., Ryohei, U., and Kiyoshi, K. , “Control of Distillation Characteristics of Waste Cooking Oil Methyl Ester by Cross-Metathesis Reaction,” Proc. Grand Renewable Energy 2018:1-4, 2018.
- JIS K2254 , “Petroleum Products-Determination of Distillation Characteristics,” 1998 (in Japanese).
- Kotaro, M., Koji, Y., Kiyoshi, O., and Kiyoshi, K. , “Improvement of Fuel Property and the Lightening of Various Biodiesel by Metathesis Reaction,” Journal of the Japan Institute of Energy 95:890-896, 2016.