This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Dynamics Analysis Methodology for Front Loading Design Process of “Motor on Caliper”
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 15, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The current mega trend in the automobile industry are that of electronic systems. Amid this trend, the demand is also increasing for motorized conventional chassis products. As a result, we will be dealing with more complex designs and validations than conventional mechanical products.
On the other hand, another issue in the industry is using simulation for front load design decisions. The concept of “Front Loading” is not entirely new to automotive manufacturers, who are becoming adept at eliminating cost, materials, time and waste from the design process. However, front loading is still needed in all units, and the simulation across the system is immature as ever.
In this paper, we would like to show how to implement a more efficient design process by using simulation for front loading to new concept design of “Crossed Helical Gear Type - Motor on Caliper”. Also, it contains the simulation techniques and the fundamental methods studied to build this design process.
CitationSong, J., "Development of Dynamics Analysis Methodology for Front Loading Design Process of “Motor on Caliper”," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-2119, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-2119.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 6]|
- Thomke, S. and Fujimoto, T. , “The Effect of “front-loading” Problem-Solving on Product Development Performance,” Journal of Product Innovation Management 17(2):128-142, March 2000.
- Vijaya, K.A., Shih-Emm, C., Sandeep, V., and Jeff, M. , “Time-Domain Dynamic Analysis of Helical Gears with Reduced Housing Model,” SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1898, 2013, doi:10.4271/2013-01-1898.
- Tuplin, W. , “Gear-Tooth Stresses at High Speed,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers 163:162-175, 1950.
- Kim, W.G. and Yim, H.H. , “Study on the Numerical Modeling and Analysis Method for the Transmission Error of the Gear System,” KSAE14051.
- AGMA 927 A01
- Daful 6.2 Manual
- Rixen, D.J. , “A Dual Craig-Bampton Method for Dynamic Substructuring,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics 168(1-2):383-391, 2004.
- Lim, T.C. and Singh, R. , “Vibration Transmission through Rolling Element Bearings,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 169(4):547-553, 1994.