This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Estimation of the Relative Roles of Belt-Wearing Rate, Crash Speed Change, and Several Occupant Variables in Frontal Impacts for Two Levels of Injury
ISSN: 2641-9637, e-ISSN: 2641-9645
Published April 02, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Laituri, T., Henry, S., and Li, G., "Estimation of the Relative Roles of Belt-Wearing Rate, Crash Speed Change, and Several Occupant Variables in Frontal Impacts for Two Levels of Injury," SAE Int. J. Adv. & Curr. Prac. in Mobility 1(4):1613-1623, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1219.
- Carter, P., Flannagan, C., Reed, M., Cunningham, R., and Rupp, J. , “Comparing the Effects of Age, BMI and Gender on Severe Injury (AIS 3+) in Motor-vehicle Crashes,” Accident Analysis & Prevention 72:146-160, 2014.
- Cormier, J. , “The Influence of Body Mass Index on Thoracic Injuries in Frontal Impacts,” Accident Analysis & Prevention 40:610-615, 2008.
- Kent, R., Funk, J., and Crandall, J. , “U.S. Injury Trends Projected to 2012: The Influence of an Aging Population,” in 46th Annual Proceedings of the Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine, Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine, Barrington, IL, 2002, 157-175.
- Laituri, T., Henry, S., Sullivan, S., and Prasad, P. , “Lower-Body Injury Rates in Full-Engagement Frontal Impacts: Field Data and Logistic Models,” SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1666 , 2006, 2006, doi:10.4271/2006-01-1666.
- Laituri, T., Henry, S., El-Jawahri, R., Muralidharan, N. et al. , “Derivation of a Provisional, Age-Dependent, AIS2+ Thoracic Risk Curve for the THOR50 Test Dummy via Integration of NASS Cases, PMHS Tests, and Simulation Data,” Stapp Car Crash Journal 59(131):176, 2015.
- Salottolo, K., Settell, A., Uribe, P., Akin, S. et al. , “The Impact of the AIS 2005 Revision on Injury Severity Scores and Clinical Outcome Measures,” Injury 40:999-1003, 2009.
- Sullivan, K., Henry, S., and Laituri, T. , “A Frontal Impact Taxonomy for USA Field Data,” SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 1(1):406-429, 2009, doi:10.4271/2008-01-0526.
- Viano, D. and Parenteau, C. , “Crash Injury Risks for Obese Occupants,” SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-0528 , 2008, doi:10.4271/2008-01-0528.