This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Open-Loop Characteristics Analysis and Control of High Speed On-Off Valve
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 05, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
In the process of ABS control, the Anti-lock braking system (ABS) of the vehicle adjusts the wheel cylinder brake pressure through the hydraulic actuator so as to control the movement of the wheel. The high-speed on-off valve (HSV) is the key components of the Anti-lock braking system. HSV affects the performance of the hydraulic actuator and the valve response characteristics affects the Anti-lock braking system pressure response as well as braking effect. In this paper, the electromagnetic field theory and flow field theory of HSV are analyzed, and simulation analysis of electromagnetic field characteristics of HSV is done by ANSYS. Combined with the ANSYS analysis results, a precise physical model of HSV is constructed in AMESim. Meanwhile, the valve response characteristics are analyzed. Moreover, the influence of different wheel cylinder diameter and PWM carrier frequency on hydraulic braking force characteristics are analyzed.
The open-loop control methods of hydraulic braking force based on Look-up tables and T-S fuzzy structure are comparatively analyzed. The results show that T-S fuzzy controller can be more direct and rapid training to obtain buck-boost surface without fitting and interpolation of data surface, it is more adaptable.
The single-wheel model and ABS sliding mode control module are established in Simulink. The inner ring of the module is hydraulic brake force controller, it is used to control hydraulic braking force precisely. The outer ring of the module is a sliding mode controller to control the wheel slip rate. Based on the above two open-loop control strategies, ABS control can be better achieved to realize anti-lock control of the vehicle in the emergency braking conditions.
CitationZhuo, G., Shen, H., Xue, R., and Wu, S., "Open-Loop Characteristics Analysis and Control of High Speed On-Off Valve," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1868, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1868.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
- Bo, L. , “Hydraulic Brake Force Control Based on High-Speed On-Off Valve,” Tongji University, Shanghai, 2013.
- Renxi, H. and Mingli, S. , “ANSYS13.0 Electromagnetic Finite Element Analysis from Entry to Master,” Machinery Industry Press, 2012.
- Yangbin, W., Bin, X., and Yinjie, L. , “Simulation Analysis of Dynamic Characteristics of Electromagnet Based on Ansoft and AMESim,” Machine Tools and Hydraulics 36(9):104-106, 2008.
- Haifeng, C. , “Research on Automobile ABS/ASR Integrated System and Wheel-Cylinder Pressure Fine Adjustment,” Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing, 2005.
- Weigang, H., Yongxu, W., and Xinzheng, W. , “Research on Mechanism of Switching Characteristics of High-Speed Electromagnetic Switch Valve,” Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University 12:40-43, 1998.
- Xianhui, C. , “Study on Static and Dynamic Characteristics of a High-Speed Switching Valve,” Baosteel Technology, 2010 (006).
- Hao, W , “Research on Vehicle Braking System Modeling and Pressure Control Methods,” Harbin Institute of Technology, 2012.