This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Driving Force Coordinated Control of Separated Axle Hybrid Electric Dump Truck
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 08, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Due to the increase of mining production and rising labor costs, manufacturers of construction and mining equipment are engaged in developing large tonnage mining truck with good dynamic performance and high transport efficiency. This paper focuses on the improvement of the dynamic performance of a 52t off-highway dump truck. According to the characteristics of its operating cycle, electric auxiliary drive system is installed in the front axle aiming at improving the utilization rate of ground adhesion. The new all-wheel drive hybrid electric system makes it possible for dump truck transports at a higher velocity. Both the conventional dump truck model and the new all-wheel drive hybrid truck model are built based on the AVL-Cruise platform. Meanwhile, under the premise of enough dynamic performance, fuel consumption can be minimized by collaborative optimization in Isight. Multi-island genetic algorithm is adopted to get proper powertrain parameters for its wide use in finding a global optimal solution. The collaborative optimization results show that the new hybrid dump truck obtains high dynamic performance without sacrificing the fuel economy. By comparing the simulation results we find that the maximum velocity of full load all-wheel drive hybrid electric dump truck increases by 19% at 8% slope, by 21.4% at 12% slope. All these improvements are of great significance to the transport efficiency and fuel economy of the dump truck.
CitationZhang, R. and Meng, K., "Driving Force Coordinated Control of Separated Axle Hybrid Electric Dump Truck," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-2462, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-2462.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
- Lajunen, A., "Energy Efficiency of Conventional, Hybrid Electric, and Fuel Cell Hybrid Powertrains in Heavy Machinery," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2829, 2015, doi:10.4271/2015-01-2829.
- Liukkonen, M., Lajunen, A., Suomela, J., “Feasibility study of fuel cell-hybrid powertrains in non-road mobile machineries,” Automation in Construction 35: 296-305, 2013, doi:10.1016/j.autcon.2013.05.019.
- Panik, F., Huang, Y., Boff, A., Gonzalves, S. et al., "Design and Simulation Models for a Brazilian Hybrid Delivery Truck," SAE Technical Paper 2011-36-0162, 2011, doi:10.4271/2011-36-0162.
- Esfahanian, E., Meech, J. A., “Hybrid Electric Haulage Trucks for Open Pit Mining,” IFAC Proceedings Volumes, 46(16): 104-109, 2013, doi: 10.3182/20130825-4-US-2038.00042.
- Hegazy, O., Barrero, R., Bossche, P. V., “Mohamed El Baghdadi, Jelle Smekens, Joeri Van Mierlo, Wouter Vriens, Bruno Bogaerts, Modeling, analysis and feasibility study of new drivetrain architectures for off-highway vehicles,” Energy, 109: 1056-1074, 2016, doi: 10.1016/j.energy.2016.05.001.
- Finesso, R., Spessa, E., Venditti, M., “Cost-optimized design of a dual-mode diesel parallel hybrid electric vehicle for several driving missions and market scenarios,” Applied Energy 177: 366-383, 2016, doi: 10.1016/j.apenergy.2016.05.080.
- Dimitrova, Z., Maréchal, F., “Techno-economic design of hybrid electric vehicles and possibilities of the multi-objective optimization structure,” Applied Energy, 161:746-759, 2016, doi: 10.1016/j.apenergy.2015.09.071.
- Silva, E., Hofman, T., Steinbuch, M., “Review of Optimal Design Strategies for Hybrid Electric Vehicles,” IFAC Proceedings Volumes, 45(30): 57-64, 2012, doi:10.3182/20121023-3-FR-4025.00054.
- Lajunen, A. and Suomela, J., “Evaluation of Energy Storage System Requirements for Hybrid Mining Loaders,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 61(8): 3387-3393, 2012, doi: 10.1109/TVT.2012.2208485
- João, P., Trovão, P.G., Pereirinha, H.M., Jorge, C.H.A., “A multi-level energy management system for multi-source electric vehicles - An integrated rule-based meta-heuristic approach,” Applied Energy 105: 304-318, 2013, doi:10.1016/j.apenergy.2012.12.081.
- Tian, S., Wu, L., and Wang, Y., "Simultaneous Optimization of Power Train Parameter and Control Strategy in a Plug-In Hybrid Electric Bus," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2828, 2015, doi:10.4271/2015-01-2828.