This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of Steering Model for Emergency Lane Change Based on the China Naturalistic Driving Data
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
A driver steering model for emergency lane change based on the China naturalistic driving data is proposed in this paper. The steering characteristic of three phases is analyzed. Using the steering primitive fitting by Gaussian function, the steering behaviors in collision avoidance and lateral movement phases can be described, and the stabilization steering principle of yaw rate null is found.
Based on the steering characteristic, the near and far aim point used in steering phases is analyzed. Using the near and far aim point correction model, a driver steering model for emergency lane change is established. The research results show that the driver emergency steering model proposed in this paper performs well when explaining realistic steering behavior, and this model can be used in developing the ADAS system.
CitationWu, B., Zhu, X., Shen, J., Cang, X. et al., "Analysis of Steering Model for Emergency Lane Change Based on the China Naturalistic Driving Data," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1399, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1399.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
- Eckert A , Hartmann B , Sevenich M et al. Emergency steer & brake assist: a systematic approach for system integration of two complementary driver assistance systems Proc 22nd Int Technical Conf Enhanced Safety of Vehicles Washington DC, USA 2011
- Bevan G , Gollee H , O'Reilly J. Trajectory generation for road vehicle obstacle avoidance using convex optimization Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering 2010 224 4 455 73
- Hattori Y , Ono E , Hosoe S. Optimum vehicle trajectory control for obstacle avoidance problem Mechatronics, IEEE/ASME Transactions on 2006 11 5 507 12
- Mårtensson J , Nybacka M , Jerrelind J et al. Evaluation of safety distance in vehicle platoons by combined braking and steering 11th International Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control Sept 9-12, 2012 Seoul, Korea 2012 Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (JSAE)
- Fausten M. Accident avoidance by evasive manoevres[C] Proceedings of the 4th Tagung Sicherheit durch Fahrerassistenz (TVSD) Munich, Germany 2010
- Lee T , Kim B , Yi K et al. Development of lane change driver model for closed-loop simulation of the active safety system[C] Conference Record - IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems 2011 56 61
- Examination of lane change crashes and potential IVHS countermeasures [M] National Highway Traffic Safety Administration 1994
- Papadimitriou I , Tomizuka M. Fast lane changing computations using polynomials[C] Proceedings of the American Control Conference 2003 48 53 1
- Bascuñana J L. ANALYSIS OF LANE CHANGE CRASH AVOIDANCE [J] Systems & Issues in Its 1995
- Salvucci D.D , Liu A. The time course of a lane change: Driver control and eye-movement behavior [J] Transportation Research Part F-Traffic Psychology & Behavior 2002 5 2 123 132
- Benderius O. and Markkula G. Evidence for a fundamental property of steering[C] Proceedings of the the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting 58 Chicago, IL Oct. 2014 884 888
- Benderius O. , Markkula G. , Wol K. , and Wahde M. Driver behaviour in unexpected critical events and in repeated exposures - a comparison European Transport Research Review 6 2014 51 60
- Benderius O. Modelling driver steering and neuromuscular behaviour PhD thesis Chalmers University of Technology 2014
- Morasso , P. 1981 Spatial control of arm movements Experimental Brain Research 42 2 223 227
- Flash , T. , & Hochner , B. 2005 Motor primitives in vertebrates and invertebrates Current opinion in neurobiology 15 6 660 666
- Hong , T. , Kwon , J. , Park , K. , Lee , K. et al. Development of a Driver's Intention Determining Algorithm for a Steering System Based Collision Avoidance System SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0054 2013 10.4271/2013-01-0054
- Wilkie R. M. and Wann J. P. Controlling steering and judging heading: Retinal flow, visual direction and extra-retinal information Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance 2003
- Salvucci D. and Gray R. A two-point visual control model of steering Perception 33 2004 1233 1248
- Land M. and Horwood J. Which parts of the road guide steering? Nature 377 1995 339 340
- Markkula G. , Benderius O. , and Wahde M. Comparing and validating models of driver steering behavior in collision avoidance and vehicle stabilization Vehicle System Dynamics 2014