This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Direct Injection Design Principles for Noise Vibration Harshness
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Engine ticking noise is one of the key failure modes in today’s direct injection (DI) engines. High ticking noise results in high Things Gone Wrong (TGW) index, which negatively affects customer satisfaction. In this paper, the root cause of the ticking noise from DI injector in direct mounting will be presented. Design principle such as injector impact force to cylinder head and DI injector isolator design with 2 stage stiffness is proposed.
CitationZeng, P., Solferino, V., and Stickler, M., "Direct Injection Design Principles for Noise Vibration Harshness," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1052, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1052.
- Rao Singiresu S. Mechanical Vibrations Addison-Wesley Publishing Company 1990
- Govindswamy , K. , Wolff , K. , and Heuer , S. Aspects of Powertrain Noise with Special Emphasis on Impulsive Noise SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2411 2007 10.4271/2007-01-2411
- Smith Julius O. III Mathematics of the Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT) BookSurge Publishing 2008
- Taylor Charles Fayette The Internal-Combustion Engine in Theory and Practice THE M.I.T. PRESS 1985
- Reynolds Douglas D. Engineering Principles of Acoustics-Noise and Vibration Control Las Vegas D.D.R. Inc. 1985
- Greenwood Donald T. Principles of Dynamics Prentice-Hall, Inc. Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey 1988
- Cook Rober D. Advanced Mechanics of Materials Prentice Hall Upper Saddle River, New Jersey 07458 1999
- Max Fogiel The Fluid Mechanics and Dynamics Problem Solver Research and Education Association Piscataway, New Jersey 08854 1988