This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Robust Optimization Design of Powertrain Mounting System for Vehicle NVH Performance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Production variation analysis of vehicle NVH performance becomes more and more necessary in development process. In order to accurately evaluate vehicle NVH responses, this paper presents a general framework involving excitation evaluation, vehicle FE model and results post-processing. Through mind map and parameter diagram analysis of idling shake, the major cause was found to be piece to piece of its powertrain rubber mounts system. Along with the vehicle NVH simulation, a novel decoupled robust-based optimization strategy called SRBF-RBO is applied to PTMS robust optimization. SRBF-RBO distinguishingly features two-steps searching strategy, the “shifting” performance and “tightening” distribution. Based on the adaptive metamodeling technique of SRBF strategy, the “shifting” operation can quickly search deterministic optimum, and improves the approximation accuracy of metamodels around the optimum in local region. With the developed criterion of robustness evaluation, the purpose of the “tightening” step is to minimize the robustness objective in the local space based on SRBF models. Applied to practical PTMS robust design problem, the proposed methodology demonstrates its capability of searching optimal and robust solution.
CitationPeng, L., Wang, Z., Su, Y., Li, X. et al., "Robust Optimization Design of Powertrain Mounting System for Vehicle NVH Performance," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-0195, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-0195.
- Wang , T. , Sturla , F. , and Salazar , V. Mount Rate Robust Optimization for Idle Shake Performance SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-1536 2004 10.4271/2004-01-1536
- Ambardekar , M. , Yogesh , A. , and Naidu , S. A Robust Solution for a Power-Train Mounting System for Automotive NVH Refinements SAE Technical Paper 2015-26-0140 2015 10.4271/2015-26-0140
- Weng , J. Robust Optimization Design of the Power-train Mounting System of the Light Truck SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-0556 2007 10.4271/2007-01-0556
- El , Hfidi A. , Martin B. , Loredo A. , Vibration Reduction on City Buses: Determination of Optimal Position of Engine Mounts,” Mechanical System and Signal Processing, 27 7 2198 2209 2010 10.1016/j.ymssp.2010.04.001
- Courteille E. , Leotoing L. , Mortier F. , New Analytical Method to Evaluate the Powerplant and Chassis Coupling in the Improvement Vehicle NVH European Journal of Mechanics a-Solids, 24 6 929 943 2005 10.1016/j.euromechsol.2005.04.004
- Tao , J. S. Liu , G. R. Lam , K. Y. Design Optimization of Marine Engine-Mount System Journal of Sound and Vibration, 235 3 477 494 2000 10.1006/jsvi.2000.2945
- Mourelatos , Z . and Liang , J. A Reliability-Based Robust Design Methodology SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-0811 2005 10.4271/2005-01-0811
- Lei P. , Li L. , Teng L. , Wu Y. An Efficient Truss Structure Optimization Framework Based on CAD/CAE Integration and Sequential Radial Basis Funtion Metamodel Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 50 329 346 2014 10.1007/s00158-014-1050-x
- Peng L. , Liu L. , Long T. , Sequential RBF Surrogate-Based Efficient Optimization for Engineering Design Problems with Expensive Black-Box Functions Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 27 6 1 14 2014 10.3901/CJME.2014.0820.138