This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Effect of Injection Pressure on Droplet Behavior Inside Diesel Fuel Sprays
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Measurements of temporal and spatial changes in the velocity and size of droplets of diesel fuel sprays under two injection pressures were conducted near the nozzle orifice by a laser 2-focus velocimeter (L2F). The result showed that the size of droplets under higher rail pressure was larger than that under lower rail pressure at the spray center and was smaller than that under lower rail pressure at the spray periphery. It was found that the size of droplets deceased in the downstream direction of the spray and the decrease rate increased with the rail pressure. The cross-sectional average velocity increased and the cross-sectional average size decreased with the rail pressure in the spray near the nozzle exit.
|Technical Paper||Fuel Flow Impingement Measurements on Multi-Orifice Diesel Nozzles|
|Technical Paper||Diesel Fuel Spray Penetration at High Injection Pressures|
|Technical Paper||A Study on Precise Measurement of Diesel Fuel Injection Rate|
CitationKawaharada, N., Sakaguchi, D., Ueki, H., and Ishida, M., "Effect of Injection Pressure on Droplet Behavior Inside Diesel Fuel Sprays," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1841, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1841.
- Hayato Y , Takashi S , Hiroshi M , Makoto M , Koji K Research of the DI Diesel Spray Characteristics at High Temperature and High Pressure Ambient SAE Paper No. 2007-01-0665 2007 169 181
- Tonini S , Gavaises M , Theodorakakos A , E Cossali G Numerical investigation of a multiple injection strategy on the development of high-pressure diesel sprays Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering 2010 125 141
- Choongsik B , Jinsuk K The structure of a break-up zone in the transient diesel spray of a valve-covered orifice nozzle International Journal of Engine Research 2006 7 319 344
- Mitroglou N , McLorn M , Gavaises M , Soteriou C , Winterbourne M Instantaneous and ensemble average cavitation structures in Diesel micro-channel flow orifices Fuel 116 2014 736 742
- He Z , Zhong W , Wang Q , Jiang Z , Fu Y An investigation of transient nature of the cavitating flow in injector nozzles Applied Thermal Engineering 54 2013 56 64
- Salvador F J , Martínez-López J , Caballer M , De Alfonso C Study of the influence of the needle lift on the internal flow and cavitation phenomenon in diesel injector nozzles by CFD using RANS methods Energy Conversion and Management 66 2013 246 256
- Pribicevic I , Sattelmayer T Investigation of the Diesel spray atomization process with use of Phase Doppler Anemometry at high injection pressures and at engine-like gas density Proceedings of the 16th Symposium on Applications of Laser Techniques to Fluid Mechanics 2012 1 12
- Chen P C , Wang W C , Roberts W L , Fang T Spray and atomization of diesel fuel and its alternatives from a single-hole injector using a common rail fuel injection system Fuel 103 2013 850 861
- Im K S , Cheong S K , Powell F C , Liu X , Wang J Effects of Internal Cavitation on Breakup of High-Pressure Diesel Sprays Proceedings of ICLASS 2009 1 6
- Schugger C , Meingast U , Renz U Time-Resolved Velocity Measurements in the Primary Breakup Zone of a High Pressure Diesel Injection Nozzle Proceedings of ILASS-Europe 2000 1 5
- Chaves H , Kirmse C , Obermeier F. Velocity Measurements of Dense Diesel Sprays in Pressurized Air Proceedings of Spray 2001 II. 2-1 II. 2-8
- Ueki H , Ishida M , Sakaguchi D Simultaneous Measurement of Particle Size and Velocity by Laser 2-Focus Particle Analyzer Proceedings of ICLASS94 1994 483 490
- Ueki H , Ishida M , Sakaguchi D , Naganuma M Simultaneous Measurements of Velocity and Size of Diesel Fuel Droplet near Nozzle Orifice by Laser 2-Focus Velocimeter with Micro-Scale Probe Volume Proceedings of Thiesel 2004 369 380
- Komada K , Sakaguchi D , Tajima H , Ueki H , Ishida M Relation between Tip Penetration and Droplet Size of Diesel Spray SP-2345, Fuel Injection and Sprays 2013, SAE 2013-01-1599 139 147