This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Crankshaft Impact Noise and Three-Dimensional Vibration
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 13, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes the characteristics and mechanism of crankshaft impact noise that radiates from the cylinder body at full load medium engine speeds, based on the mechanism for axial vibration of crankshaft coupled with torsional vibration of crankshaft.
CitationKimura, J., Kobayashi, S., Hoshina, K., Kawase, K. et al., "Crankshaft Impact Noise and Three-Dimensional Vibration," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2863, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-2863.
- Nehl , J. , Wilhelm , M. , Gauch , P. , and Travert , M. Evaluation of Crankshaft Clearance Influence on Specific Roughness Noise Concern SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1771 1999 10.4271/1999-01-1771
- Croker , M. , Maunder , M. , Imai , Y. , Sannodo , N. et al. Reducing Crank Rumble Using Transfer Path Analysis to Assess Engine Modifications SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1428 2003 10.4271/2003-01-1428
- Orzechowski , J. , Sandhu , J. , Beloiu , D. , and Talby , A. Modeling and Analysis of Powertrain NVH with Focus on Growl Noise SAE Int. J. Engines 6 2 1340 1347 2013 10.4271/2013-01-1875
- Witer , A. and Lim , T. Crankshaft Rumble Noise Phenomenon: Experimental Characterization of Source Strength and Path Response SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1770 1999 10.4271/1999-01-1770
- Tsuda , K. Vibration of Internal Combustion Engine Science of Machine 19 1 279 283 1967
- Kimura , J. , Okamura , H. , and Sogabe , K. Experiments and Computation of Crankshaft Three-Dimensional Vibrations and Bending Stresses in a Vee-Type Ten-Cylinder Engine SAE Technical Paper 951291 1995 10.4271/951291
- Shu , G. , Liang , X. , and Wang , Y. Investigation on Coupled Torsional-axial Vibration of Crankshaft Based on Rayleigh Differential Method SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-0880 2006 10.4271/2006-01-0880