This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Simulation Platform and Control Strategy of Electronic Braking System for Commercial Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 30, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Pneumatic Electric Braking System (EBS) is getting widely spread for commercial vehicles. Pneumatic EBS improves the problem of slow response of traditional pneumatic braking system by implementing brake-by-wire. However, the time-delay response and hysteresis of some electro-pneumatic components and some other issues decrease the response and control accuracy of the pneumatic EBS. Therefore, this paper does the following work for this problem: (1) the structure of proportional relay valve is introduced and the response time and hysteresis characteristics of proportional relay valves are analyzed, (2) the dynamic characteristic of pressure response time and the steady-state characteristic of hysteresis curve are tested with open-loop test bench, (3) a hysteresis compensation control method which integrates PID closed loop control and the feed-forward compensation control is presented for mitigating the hysteresis characteristic of proportional relay valve and improving the pressure response character of the front wheels, (4) a vehicle dynamic simulation platform of commercial vehicle consists of EBS is developed with the co-simulation of MATLAB/Simulink and AMESim for the purpose of EBS control strategy development and validation, (5) the effect of the hysteresis compensation control strategy on vehicle braking performance is validated and analyzed offline.
CitationWan, Y., Zhang, D., Weiqiang, Z., Zong, C. et al., "Development of Simulation Platform and Control Strategy of Electronic Braking System for Commercial Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2286, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-2286.
- Fanping Bu , Han-Shue Tan Pneumatic brake control for precision stopping of heavy-duty vehicles [J] IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology 2007 15 1 53 64
- Chu Liang , Gu Jiayun , Liu Minghui et al. Study on CAN Communication of EBS and Braking Performance Test for Commercial Vehicle[C] 2007 849 852
- Abbaspour Mohammad , Kirby S. Chapman , Larry A. Glasgow Transient modeling of non-isothermal dispersed two-phase flow in natural gas pipelines [J] Applied Mathematical Modelling 2010 34 495 507
- Shyrokau B , Wang D , Augsburg K et al. Vehicle dynamics with brake hysteresis[J] Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of automobile engineering 2012
- Shyrokau B , Wang D , Augsburg K et al. Modeling and control of hysteresis-characterized brake processes[J] Euro Brake 2012-MS-25 2012
- National Center for Statistics and Analysis of the National Traffic Highway Safety Administration Traffic Safety Facts 2005 - A Compilation of Motor Vehicle Crash Data from the Fatality Analysis Reporting System and the General Estimates System [R] Report No. DOT HS 810 631 Washington, DC 2006
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Traffic Safely Facts & Research - The Large Truck Crash Causation Study [R] Publication Mo. FMCSA - RRA -07 - 017; Washington, DC 2007