This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Dynamic Characteristic Calibration of a Hydraulic Lash Adjuster Model Using Unit Excitation Test
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to simulate the valve behavior of an engine that uses a hydraulic lash adjuster (HLA), it is necessary to accurately reproduce the dynamic characteristics of the HLA in the model. Formerly, the model used values from drawings and values based on past experiences, and did not reflect actual driving conditions such as oil properties, leaked oil quantity, or oil aeration rate. We therefore developed a technique to reproduce HLA unit dynamic characteristics in a high-accuracy simulation. This representation was made possible using a unit excitation test to quantify the HLA unit dynamic characteristics in four categories: HLA stiffness, load response delay of the plunger, sinking displacement after relaxation, and lissajous curve of load vs. displacement. The effectiveness of this model calibration technique was confirmed through comparison of unit dynamic characteristics in a unit excitation test and a calibrated simulation.
|Technical Paper||Simulation and Modeling of an A/C Rotary Vane Compressor|
|Technical Paper||Modeling the Time-Dependent Flow Through a Throttle Valve|
CitationSano, Y., Yanagisawa, N., Sakaguchi, M., and Yoshii, K., "Dynamic Characteristic Calibration of a Hydraulic Lash Adjuster Model Using Unit Excitation Test," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1731, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-1731.
- Takagishi , H. , Shimoyama , K. , and Asari , M. Prediction of Camshaft Torque and Timing Chain Load for Turbo Direct Injection Diesel Engine SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-0611 2004 10.4271/2004-01-0611
- Takagishi H. , Nagakubo A. , Masahiko , Nakamura , Masahiro , Nakajima ANALYSIS OF EFFECT OF CHAIN LOAD AND VALVE TRAIN BEHAVIOR ON VALVE LIFT USING MULTI-BODY DYNAMICS FISITA
- Takagishi , H. , Ohta , N. , Nakajima , M. , and Nagakubo , A. Introduction of a New Method of Solving Wear Problems Caused by the Swing Motion Occurring between the Roller and the Sliding Contact Surface SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-1055 2010 10.4271/2010-01-1055
- Zhao , Y. , Tong , K. , and Lu , J. Determination of Aeration of Oil in High Pressure Chamber of Hydraulic Lash Adjuster in Valve Train SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-0646 1999 10.4271/1999-01-0646
- Lin , Y. , Ramachandra , P. , Tanaka , Y. , Tawata , K. et al. Valve Train Dynamic Analysis and Validation SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-1457 2004 10.4271/2004- 01-1457
- Yoshii , K. , Kawano , M. , and Yanagisawa , N. A Study on the Dynamic Characteristics of a Single-body Hydraulic Lash Adjuster under Aeration SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1723 2013