This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Structure Optimization and Interior Noise Reduction of Commercial Vehicle Cab
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 24, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to improve ride comfort and reduce interior noise of commercial vehicles, modal sensitivity analysis and optimization design of a commercial vehicle cab was carried out, which increased the first natural frequency of the optimized cab by 23.96%. The result of cab modal test verified the correctness of the finite element model and the effectiveness of the improving method. The structure-acoustic coupling model of the cab was established, and the acoustic response of the coupled sound field was predicted. The sound pressure level of the optimized cab was reduced. In comparison of the optimized cab with the original one, the optimization scheme was confirmed to be effective and reasonable.
CitationWu, G., Shi, W., Yang, W., Chen, Z. et al., "Structure Optimization and Interior Noise Reduction of Commercial Vehicle Cab," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-1928, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-1928.
- Youqiang, Cao Zhaoxiang, Deng Changmin, Li Prediction of Vibration and Noise in Vehicle Interior Coupled Sound Field Automotive Engineering 2008 30 6 483 487
- Jian, Pang Gang, Chen Hua, He Automotive Noise and Vibration: Principle and Application Beijing Institute of Technology Press 2006 13 14
- Silva, I. Magalhães, M. “Influence of Spot Weld Modeling on Finite Elements Results for Normal Modes Vibration Modes of a Trimmed Vehicle Body,” SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-3358 2004 10.4271/2004-01-3358
- Zhiyong, Chen Wenku, Shi Zhihong, Shen Fuxiang, Guo Deguang, Fang Modal analysis for body and frame of a light-type bus Journal of Vibration and Shock 2010 29 10 244 246
- Changming, Chen Qiang, Xiao Modal Sensitivity Analysis and Structure Optimization of the Body-in-White Journal of Shandong Jiaotong University 2009 17 2 1 5
- Heylen, Ward Lammens, Stefan Sas, Paul Modal Analysis Theory and Testing Katholieke Universiteit Levven Department Werktvi Gkunde 1997
- He, ZC Liu, GR Zhong, ZH Zhang, GY Cheng, AG. Coupled analysis of 3D structural-acoustic problems using the edge-based smoothed finite element method/finite element method Finite Elements in Analysis and Design 2010 46 12 1114 1121
- Nefske, D J Wolf, J R etal. Structure-acoustic Finite Element Analysis of the Automobile Passenger Compartment: a View of Current Practice Journal of Sound and Vibration 1982 80 2 247 266
- Li, W. Cho, P. “CAE Tools for Structural Acoustic Analysis,” SAE Technical Paper, 952117 1995 10.4271/952117
- Wolf, J. Nefske, D. Howell, L. “Structural-Acoustic Finite Element Analysis of the Automobile Passenger Compartment,” SAE Technical Paper 760184 1976 10.4271/760184