This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Novel Design of the Integrated Electric Parking Brake System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 10, 2010 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A new design of integrated Electric Parking Brake system, called iEPB and integrated in the brake caliper, is introduced in this paper. It consists of an electrically operated brake unit and a hydraulically pressed unit independently, and uses a special self-locking mechanism instead of a screw device to increase the efficiency and the working speed. With all conventional EPB system's advantages, it also provides a stronger brake performance and a faster reaction time.
In this paper, we describe the working principle of this new design at first, and then introduce the arrangement of the testing system, followed by a discussion of experimental data. The testing results prove the feasibility of this design. The conclusion paragraph summarizes the key points about the design of the iEPB system.
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Disc Wheel and Hub or Drum Interface Dimensions - Truck and Bus|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Recommended Practice for Powered Gas Brake Control Systems|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Braking Performance - Asphalt Pavers|
- Yan-Sin Liao - Automotive Research & Testing Center
- Chien-Tai Huang - Automotive Research & Testing Center
- Chien-Tzu Chen - Automotive Research & Testing Center
- Shou-Yi Cheng - Automotive Research & Testing Center
- Bo-Ruei Chen - Automotive Research & Testing Center
- Fu-Yen Huang - Automotive Research & Testing Center
CitationLiao, Y., Huang, C., Chen, C., Cheng, S. et al., "Novel Design of the Integrated Electric Parking Brake System," SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-1707, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-01-1707.
- Otaki, Ryoichi, et al. “Electric parking brake mechanism” Patent Number 6,938,736 2004
- Huang, C-T. Chen, C-T. Cheng, S-Y. Chen, B-R. Huang, M-H. “Design and Testing of a New Electric Parking Brake Actuator,” SAE Int. J. of Pass. Cars - Mech. Sys 1 1 1217 1222 2008
- March 2010 http://www.conti-online.com/
- March 2010 http://www.trw.com/
- Production vehicles: VW Passat EPB system 2008