This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
On-Board Emissions Measurement from Gasoline, Diesel and CNG fuelled Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 05, 2010 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to measure the concentration of exhaust emissions a mobile emission testing analyzer SEMTECH DS by SENSORS Inc was used. In the study the results of the vehicle emission tests in the road conditions were presented, as this was the only way to obtain the information on real vehicle emissions. They include information on the emissivity of the vehicles in operation and deal with the real conditions of the vehicle in motion. Reliable measurement results were obtained which were verified in simulated conditions on a chassis test bed. The obtained data were used to specify the dependence characteristics for the influence of the dynamic engine properties on the exhaust emissions. The dynamic engine properties were indirectly taken into account using all the speed range and the range of acceleration calculated for the city traffic in order to prepare a matrix of the emission intensity. The data used were averaged within each speed and acceleration range, which generated characteristics of engine operation in each range and a characteristics of the emission matrices of each individual exhaust emission.
CitationPielecha, J., Merkisz, J., Markowski, J., and Gis, W., "On-Board Emissions Measurement from Gasoline, Diesel and CNG fuelled Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-1568, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4271/2010-01-1568.
- Gao, Y., and Checkel, M.D., “Emission Factors Analysis for Multiple Vehicles Using an On-Board, In-Use Emissions Measurement System,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-1327, 2007.
- Greening, P., “European Light-Duty & Heavy Duty OBD - Legislative Update,” presented at On-Board Diagnostic Symposium: Light and Heavy Duty, Lyon 2007, October 9-11, 2007.
- Jehlik, H., “Challenge X 2008 - Hybrid Powered Vehicle On-Road Emissions Findings and Optimization Techniques: A 4 Year Summary,” presented at Sensors 5th Annual SUN (SEMTECH User Network) Conference, USA 2008, September 25-26, 2008.
- Johnson, K., Durbin, T., Cocker, D., Miller, J., Agama, R., Moynahan, N., and Nayak, G., “On-Road Evaluation of a PEMS for Measuring Gaseous In-Use Emissions from a Heavy-Duty Diesel Vehicle,” SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1300, 2008.
- Khair, M., Khalek, I., and Guy, J., “Portable Emissions Measurement for Retrofit Applications - The Beijing Bus Retrofit Experience,” SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1825, 2008.
- Khalek, I., “Status Update on the PM-PEMS Measurement Allowance Project,” Sensors 6th Annual SUN (SEMTECH User Network) Conference, USA 2008, September 24-25, 2008.
- Korniski, T., Gierczak, C., and Wallington, T., “Laboratory Evaluation of the 2.5 Inch Diameter SEMTECH® Exhaust Flow Meter with Gasoline Fueled Vehicles,” Sensors 4th Annual SUN (SEMTECH User Network) Conference, USA 2007, October 22-23, 2007.
- Merkisz, J., Pielecha, J., and Gis, W., “Gasoline and LPG Vehicle Emission Factors in a Road Test,” SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0937, 2009.
- Pielecha, J., and Merkisz, J., “On-Board Emissions Measurement from Light Duty Diesel Vehicles,” presented at 12 EAEC 2009, European Automotive Congress Bratislava. Europe in the Second Century of Auto-Mobility, Bratislava 2009, June 29-Juli 1, 2009.
- Pielecha, J., Merkisz, J., and Markowski, J., “Emission tests of the AI-14RA aircraft under real operating conditions of PZL-104 ‘Wilga’ plane,” Combustion Engines 3/2009.
- Quan, H., “ARB's Stockton Heavy-Duty Vehicle Laboratory and Portable Emission Monitoring System (PEMS) Activities,” presented at Sensors 5th Annual SUN (SEMTECH User Network) Conference, USA 2008, September 24-25, 2008.
- Tsinoglou, D.N., Koltsakis, G.C., and Samaras, Z.S., “Performance of OBD Systems for Euro 4 Level Vehicles and Implications for the Future OBD Legislation,” in Onboard-Diagnose II edited by Predelli O., Expert Verlag, 2007.