This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Full-Scale Diesel Particulate Filter Simulation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 13, 2009 by Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche in Italy
Annotation ability available
Multi-dimensional simulation of hydrodynamics in full-scale wall-flow Diesel Particulate Filters by GpenFQAM®, an open-source C++ object-oriented CFD code, is presented. A new fast and efficient parallel numerical solver has been developed by authors to simulate flows through porous media and it has been tested for the simulation of diesel particulate filters; errors caused by discretization of filter monoliths have been corrected by the formulation of a correction factor, that has been included in the solver. A set of experimental data, available from literature, has been used for code validation.
CitationPiscaglia, F., Ferrari, G., Montorfano, A., Onorati, A. et al., "Development of an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Full-Scale Diesel Particulate Filter Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 2009-24-0137, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-24-0137.
- Bissett E. J. Mathematical model of the thermal regeneration of a wall-flow monolith diesel particulate filter Chemical Engineering Science vol. 39 7/8 1233 1244 1984
- Yi Yong Simulating the soot loading in wall-flow dpf using a three dimensional macroscopic model SAE paper n. 2006-01-0264 , SAE Int. Congress & Exp. (Detroit, Michigan) 2006
- Piscaglia, F. Rutland, C. J. Foster D. E. “Development of a CFD model to study the hydro-dynamic characteristics and the soot deposition mechanism on the porous wall of a diesel particulate filter” SAE paper n. 2005-01-0963 , SAE 2005 Int. Congress & Exp. Detroit, Michigan April 11–14 2005
- Van Der Vorst. H. A. “Bi-CGSTAB: A fast and smoothly converging variant of Bi-CG for the solution of non-symmetric linear systems” SiAM J. Sci. Stat. Comp. 13 2 631 644 1992
- “ OpenFOAM® Programmer's Guide ” 2004
- Ferziger J. H. Perić M. Computational Methods for Fluid Dynamics Springer 1997
- Jasak, H. Weller, H.G. Nordin N. In-cylinder cfd simulation using a C++ object-oriented toolkit SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-0110 2004
- Piscaglia, F. Montorfano, A. Onorati A. “Development of a multi-dimensional parallel solver for full-scale dpf modeling in openfoam” SAE paper n. 2009-01-1965 , SAE 2009 International Power-trains, Fuels and Lubricants Meeting June 15–17 2009 Florence, Italy
- Piscaglia, F. Montorfano, A. Ferrari, G. Onorati A. “Parallel numerical simulation of full-scale diesel particulate filters by OpenFOAM®” Third OpenFOAM® Workshop Milan, Italy 10–11 July 2008
- Masoudi, M. Heibel, A. Then P. M. “Predicting pressure drop of wall-flow diesel particulate filters — theory and experiment” SAE paper n. 2001-01-0184 , SAE 2001 Int. Congress & Exp. Detroit, Michigan April 2001