This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Dedicated EGR: A New Concept in High Efficiency Engines
ISSN: 1946-3936, e-ISSN: 1946-3944
Published April 20, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Alger, T. and Mangold, B., "Dedicated EGR: A New Concept in High Efficiency Engines," SAE Int. J. Engines 2(1):620-631, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-0694.
- Alger, T. Chauvet T. Dimitrova Z. “Synergies between High EGR Operation and GDI Systems,” SAE Int. J. Engines 1 1 101 114 2008
- Alger, T. Gingrich J. Mangold B. 2007 “The Effect of Hydrogen Enrichment on EGR Tolerance in Spark Ignited Engines “” SAE Paper 2007-01-0475
- Alger, T. Hahne, S. Roberts C. Ryan T. 2005 “The Heavy Duty Gasoline Engine – A Multi-Cylinder Study of a High Efficiency, Low Emission Technology” SAE Paper 2005-01-1135
- Cairns, A. Blaxill H. Irlam G. 2006 “Exhaust Gas Recirculation for Improved Part and Full Load Fuel Economy in a Turbocharged Gasoline Engine” SAE Paper 2006-01-0047
- Duchaussoy, Y. Lefebvre A. Bonetto R. 2003 “Dilution Interest on Turbocharged SI Engine Combustion” SAE Paper 2003-01-0629
- Matthews, R.D. Internal Combustion Engines 2000
- Dahl, D. Denbratt I. Koopmans L. “An Evaluation of Different Combustion Strategies for SI Engines in a Multi-Mode Combustion Engine,” SAE Int. J. Engines 1 1 324 335 2008
- Lake, T. Stokes, J. Murphy, R. Osborne R. Schamel A. 2004 “Turbocharging concepts for downsized DI gasoline engines” SAE Paper 2004-01-0036
- Petrol Engines in the BMW Group/PSA Peugeot Citroën Cooperation December 2004
- Coltman, D. Turner, J.W.G. Curtis, R. Blake, D. “Project Sabre: A Close-Spaced Direct Injection 3-Cylinder Engine with Synergistic Technologies to Achieve Low CO 2 Output,” SAE Int. J. Engines 1 1 129 146 2008
- Schwarz, C. Schunemann, E. Durst, B. Fischer J. Witt A. 2006 “Potentials of the Spray-Guided BMW DI Combustion System” SAE Paper 2006-01-1265
- Grandin, B. Angstrom, H. Stalhammar P. Olofsson E. 1998 “Knock Suppression in a Turbocharged SI Engine by Using Cooled EGR” SAE Paper 982476
- Roberts, C. Snyder, J.C. Stovell, C.H. Dodge, L. Ryan T. Stanglmaier R. 2004 “The Heavy-Duty Gasoline Engine - An alternative to meet emissions standards of tomorrow” SAE Paper 2004-01-0984
- Heywood, J.B. Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals 1988 New York, NY McGraw-Hill, Inc.
- Anderson, R. 1987 “The Effect of Ignition System Power on Fast Burn Engine Combustion” SAE Paper 870549
- Weinrotter, M. Ast, G. Kopecek H. Wintner E. 2005 “An Extensive Comparison of Laser-Induced Plasma Ignition and Conventional Spark Ignition of Lean Methane-Air Mixtures under Engine-like Conditions” SAE Paper 2005-01-0248
- Kettner, M. Nauwerck, A. Spicher, U. Seidel J. Linkenheil, K. Microwave-based Ignition Principle for Gasoline Engines with Direct Injection and Spray Guided Combustion System MTZ 2006 476 480
- D’Andrea, T. Henshaw P.F. Ting. D.S.-K. The addition of hydrogen to a gasoline-fuelled SI engine International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 2004 1541 1552
- Goldwitz, J. Heywood J. 2005 “Combustion Optimization in a Hydrogen-Enhanced Lean-Burn SI Engine” SAE Paper 2005-01-0251
- Ivanic, Z. Ayala, F. Goldwitz J. Heywood J. 2005 “Effects of Hydrogen Enhancement on Efficiency and NOx Emissions of Lean and EGR-Diluted Mixtures in a SI Engine” SAE Paper 2005-01-0253
- Jamal, Y. Wagner T. Wyszynski, M. Exhaust gas reforming of gasoline at moderate temperatures International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 1996 507 519
- Tully, E. Heywood J. 2003 “Lean-Burn Characteristics of a Gasoline Engine Enriched with Hydrogen from a Plasmatron Fuel Reformer” SAE Paper 2003-01-0630
- Ayala, F. Gerty M. Heywood J. 2006 “Effects of Combustion Phasing, Relative Air-fuel Ratio, Compression Ratio, and Load on SI Engine Efficiency” SAE Paper 2006-01-0229
- Gerty, M. Heywood J. 2006 “An Investigation of Gasoline Engine Knock Limited Performance and the Effects of Hydrogen Enhancement” SAE Paper 2006-01-0228
- Topinka, J. Gerty, M. Heywood J. Keck J. 2004 “Knock Behavior of a Lean-Burn, H2 and CO Enhanced, SI Gasoline Engine Concept” SAE Paper 2004-01-0975
- Smith, J. Meyers. D. The Hybrid Rich-Burn/Lean Burn Engine, Part 2. ASME ICE 1996 24-7
- Glassman, I. Combustion 1996 San Diego Academic Press, Inc.