This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study of the structural tests based on stress at the vehicle suspension attach points
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 07, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Time and development cost reduce is nowadays a basic premise of automotive industry. Connected with this, many efforts have been done in the sense of design lighter structures, what involve in gas consumption reduction and improvement of vehicle performance.
The accelerated tests contribute in time and development cost reduction, since the tests are planned in according to have a short time execution so reducing the period of the experimental validation step. The use of fatigue analyze techniques can aid in time reduction of test execution.
The purpose of this work is study, based on stress analysis, the most severe grounds for the vehicle suspension attach points. The severity will be defined in according of the calculated stress through von Mises criterion, using the cumulative damage theory. Then, it hope know the damage caused to the attach points due the ground type and with this, optimize tests necessary to validate these points and reduce the time necessary to the vehicle structural validation.
CitationFerreira, S., "Study of the structural tests based on stress at the vehicle suspension attach points," SAE Technical Paper 2008-36-0201, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-36-0201.
- Beer, F. P. Johnston, E. R. Jr 3a Makron Books São Paulo 1995
- Brown, J. C. Robertson, A. J. Serpento, S. T. Motor Vehicle Structures: Concepts and Fundamentals SAE International Warrendale 2002
- Brune, M. Advanced Durability Evaluation in Vehicle Design and Validation Process 109 124 Darmstadt 2008
- Figliola, R. S. Beasley, D. E. 4a LTC Rio de Janeiro 2007
- Höchst, M. B. Sonsino, C. M. Vormwald, M. Current Developments and Trends on Structural Durability 3 18 Darmstadt 2008
- Lee, Y.L. Pan, J. Hathaway, R. Barkey, M. Fatigue Testing and Analysis Elsevier Oxford 2005
- Santos, E. S. PUC-Minas Belo Horizonte 1999
- Vidal, F. A. C. PUC-Minas Belo Horizonte 2000