This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation Analysis of Performance of the United Brake System of Bus
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 05, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The math model of united brake system is set up on thinking of the influence of the coefficient of the revolving mass changes to linear mass of vehicle, the efficiency of slippage and so on. The simulation model is set up in the Simulink module of Matlab. The result of simulation shows that the braking distance is shortened by the function of united brake system in the emergency brake; the braking ability of the bus is improved. The united brake system can also be used to stop the bus in the nonemergercy brake. The retarder exhausts most of energy of automobile. Thus, the maintenance cost is reduced. The bus can run at steady and economic speed on the hillside path with continuous brake of united brake system.
CitationHe, R., Wang, Y., and Zhao, Y., "Simulation Analysis of Performance of the United Brake System of Bus," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3637, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-3637.
- RenHe. (2005), Supplementary Brake Equipment of Automobile, China Chemical Industry Press, Beijing.
- JianqingHe. (2004), The Design Method of Eddy Current Retarder in Automobile and Its Performance Analysis [D]. The thesis for master degree of Jiangsu University.
- QiangYu. (2000), Experimental research on continuous uninterrupted braking of buses traveling down a long gradient [D].Xi'an, The thesis for doctor degree of Chang'an University.
- ZhangBingang, ZhenggenJiang. (1998), “Theoretic analysis and experiment of automobile braking process,” Journal of China Ordnance, Vol. 72, No. 4, pp. 1-4
- JunCheng. (1998), Practice and Theoretic of automobile anti-lock brake system, Beijing Institute of Technology Press, Beijing, pp. 20-26.
- HeRen, YiFengyan, HeJianqing. (2004), “Computation method for braking torque of eddy current retarder,” Automobile Engineering, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 197-200.
- SunWeimin, ZhangYuemin, WuBingbo. (2005), “A new calculation method of brake torque for eddy current retarder,” Modern Machinery, Vol. 74, No. 4, pp. 21-22.
- Yu Zhisheng. (1990), Automobile Theoretics Beijing: China Machine Press, Beijing.