This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modeling Different Configurations for a Front Suspension of an Off-Road Vehicle Mini-Baja
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 16, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to resist impact loadings that usually occurs in an off-road circuit an integrated approach of mechanical design is developed to obtain an optimized vehicle suspension. Efforts were made to model a front suspension, type double A of an off-road vehicle Mini-Baja. The focus was stressed in the transmissibility of mechanical forces through front suspension. A simple analytic model was done to esteem the reactions generated at points of linkage of suspension and structure of Mini-Baja, during a transient impact load. Numerical simulation softwares were also used to visualize dynamic behavior of different front suspension configurations. Finally experimental test was done with data acquisition system, with the use of load cells, to generate a reference data to compare analytic and numerical models.
CitationKenedi, P., de Souza Xavier, L., Amar de Aguiar, R., de Oliveira Sampaio, R. et al., "Modeling Different Configurations for a Front Suspension of an Off-Road Vehicle Mini-Baja," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-3437, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-3437.
- Kenedi, P.P. Pacheco, P.M.C.L. Jorge, J.C.F. Vieira, R.D. Danninger, W. 2001 “Dynamic Experimental Analysis of a Mini-Baja Vehicle Front Suspension” SAE2001 - 10° Congresso e Exposição Internacionais de Tecnologia da Mobilidade - SAE São Paulo
- Pacheco, P.M.C.L. Kenedi, P.P. Jorge, J.C.F. Vieira, R.D. 2001 “Analysis of the Transmissibility of the Rear Suspension of a Mini-Baja Vehicle” SAE2002 - 11° Congresso e Exposição Internacionais de Tecnologia da Mobilidade - SAE São Paulo
- Buarque, F. B. Pacheco, P.M.C.L. Xavier, L.S. Kenedi, P.P. “Dynamical Analysis of an Off-Road Vehicle Suspension” COBEM 2003 - 17 th International Congress of Mechanical Engineering São Paulo
- Juvinall, Robert C. “Fundamentals of Machine Component Design” Wiley 1983
- Lynx “Signal Conditioning Module LYNX AI-2160 - User Guide” 1996
- Lynx “A/D Conversion Module LYNX AC-2120 - User Guide” 1996