This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Dynamic Experimental Analysis of a Mini-Baja Vehicle Front Suspension
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 05, 2001 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This work presents a dynamical experimental stress and strain analysis of an off-road vehicle front suspension, which was developed in CEFET-RJ to the Mini-Baja / SAE-Brazil competition. Initially, a finite element model was developed to identify the critical points of the structure. Afterwards, electric strain gages were bonded at the most critical points to measure the dynamic strains due to an impact load. The data obtained through an A/D converter with an instrumentation software, was used to evaluate the maximum loads acting on the suspension. In this case, the success obtained with this method, indicates that it can be used as an effective tool for the design and improvement for Mini Baja vehicle.
CitationKenedi, P., Pacheco, P., Vieira, R., Jorge, J. et al., "Dynamic Experimental Analysis of a Mini-Baja Vehicle Front Suspension," SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3846, 2001, https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-3846.
- Jorge, J.C.F. Danninger, W.; “CAPES/DAAD Cooperation Project - Automotive Measurements Laboratory”, CEFET-RJ / FHM, 2001.
- Leitenstorfer, M., Siegmund, T., Tolksdorf, M. & Woerle, F.; “Projektarbeit Brasilien - WS 2000/2001 - Mini-Baja” (in German), CEFET-RJ - Fachhochschule München, 2000.
- Dally, J.W. & Riley, W.F.; “Experimental Stress Analysis”, McGraw-Hill, 1978.
- Lynx; “Signal Conditioning Module LYNX AI-2160 - User Guide”, 1996.
- Lynx; “A/D Conversion Module LYNX AC-2120 - User Guide”, 1996.
- ANSYS, “Ansys Reference Manual”, Release 5.6, ANSYS, Inc., 2000.
- Autodesk, “Mechanical Desktop Reference”, Release 4, Autodesk, 1999.
- Uchoa, F.B., Kramer, C.J.G., Araújo, R.N. & Chaves, E.A.; “Structural Analysis of an Urban Micro-Bus” (in Portuguese), Graduation Final Project, Department of Industrial Mechanical Engineering, CEFET-RJ, 1997.
- Soares, M.R.L.; “Structural Dynamic Analysis of a Sport Vehicle” (in Portuguese), Graduation Final Project, Department of Industrial Mechanical Engineering, CEFET-RJ, 2000.
- Jancar, D. & Yokoyama, E.; “Finite Element Analysis of a Medium Size Truck” (in Portuguese), SAE-Brasil Congress, 1993.