This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
300 kW Switched Reluctance Generator for Hybrid Vehicle Applications
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The switched reluctance generator, because of its simple and robust structure, is attractive as an auxiliary power unit (APU) in lightweight, high-speed and high power military, and other types of vehicles. In this paper, investigation and design analysis of a 300 kW switched reluctance generator is presented. Five different designs of the machine are evaluated to provide 300 kW at 30,000 rpm, 60,000 rpm, and at 100,000 rpm. The different designs are compared in terms of size, weight, efficiency, and torque. Analyses of the mechanical stress and critical speeds are also presented. Recommendations are presented for the selection of the best design methodology for APU application in Hybrid vehicles.
|Technical Paper||Switched Reluctance Starter/Generator|
|Technical Paper||Sensitivity Analysis of Hybrid Electric Vehicle Designs|
|Technical Paper||Methodologies for the evaluation of the battery state of charge in fuel cell systems|
CitationGallegos-Lopez, G., Reiter, F., Rajashekara, K., and Krefta, R., "300 kW Switched Reluctance Generator for Hybrid Vehicle Applications," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1087, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-1087.
- Richter E. Ferreira C. IEEE Proc. IAS'95 434 440 1995
- Radun A. V. Ferreira C. A. Richter E. IEEE Trans. IA 34 5 1026 1034 1998
- Stephens C. M. IEEE Trans. IA 27 6 1098 1102 1991
- Zeillinger Robert Kottritsch Hubert “Damping in a Rolling Bearing Arrangement” Evolution Jan. 1996
- Miller TJE Switched reluctance motors and their control Magna Physics Pub., Clarendon Press Oxford 1993
- Rotordynamic software Rotating Machine Analysis, Inc. 7701 Baja Cove, Austin, TX 78759
- Lewinschal Leif “Bearings for High Speed Operations” Evolution Feb. 1994
- Miller TJE PC-SRD 6.9 software Glasgow University 1995