This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Innovations in Piezoelectric Wheel Dynamometer Technology
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Since decades KISTLER is contiuously innovating in the field of piezoelectric sensor technology. This paper describes major technological progresses in the field of rotating wheel dynamometers: the six-component Rotating Wheel Dynamometer RWD and the Rotating Wheel Torque Meter RWT. First the systems are explained in detail, then outstanding applications in vehicle development, tire power loss determination and tire deformation investigation are given. An outlook on upcoming innovations concludes the paper.
- Walter Weiblen - International Consulting Engineering Services (ICES)
- Wolfgang Evers - Kistler Instrumente AG
- Christoph Gossweiler - Kistler Instrumente AG
- Bernhard Schick - TUEV Automotive GmbH, TUEV Sueddeutschland
- Otto Bode - IPW GmbH, Ing. Gesellschaft Prof. Weber
- Dieter Barz - Goodyear Technical Center
CitationWeiblen, W., Evers, W., Gossweiler, C., Schick, B. et al., "Innovations in Piezoelectric Wheel Dynamometer Technology," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0800, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0800.
- Weiblen, Walter Oelmann Bernd Measurement of Multiaxial Wheel Forces and Application of the Results for the Fatigue Life Evaluation of Vehicles SIAT96/SAE Technical Paper 962505 Pune, India 1996
- Burkard, Hans Calame Christian Rotating wheel dynamometer with high frequency response Tire Technology International 1998
- Weiblen, Walter Hofmann Thomas Evaluation of Different Designs of Wheel Force Transducers SAE 980262
- Weiblen, Walter Kockelmann Hans Burkard Hans Evaluation of Different Designs of Wheel Force Transducers (Part II) SAE 1999-01-1037