This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Predictive Control Algorithm for an Anti-Lock Braking System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 04, 2002 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Generalized predictive control (GPC) is a discrete time control strategy proposed by Clark et al . The controller tries to predict the future output of a system or plant and then takes control action at present time based on future output error. Such a predictive control algorithm is presented in this paper for deceleration slip regulation in an automobile. Most of the existing literature on the anti-lock brake control systems lacks the effectiveness of the wheel lockup prevention when the automobile is in a skid condition (in a low friction coefficient surface with panic braking situation). Simulation results show that the predictive feature of the proposed controller provides an effective way to prevent wheel lock-up in a braking event.
|Technical Paper||Vehicle Speed Estimation Using Accelerometer and Wheel Speed Measurements|
|Technical Paper||Tandem Anti-Lock Systems For Air Braked Vehicles|
|Technical Paper||An Analytical Approach to Antilock Brake System Design|
CitationAnwar, S. and Ashrafi, B., "A Predictive Control Algorithm for an Anti-Lock Braking System," SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0302, 2002, https://doi.org/10.4271/2002-01-0302.
- Clarke, D.W Mohtadi, C. Tuffs, P.S. “Generalized Predictive Control - Part I. The Basic Algorithm” Automatica 23 2 137 148 1987
- Watanabe, M. Noguchi, N. “New Algorithm for ABS to compensate for Road Disturbances” SAE Transactions 99 271 279 1990
- Tan, H-S. Chin, Y-K. “Vehicle Traction Control. Variable-Structure Control Approach” J. Dynamic System, Measurement, & Control, Transactions of the ASME 113 2 23 230 1991
- Athan, T.W. Papalambros, P.Y. “Multicriteria Optimization of Anti-Lock Braking System Control Algorithms” Engineering Optimization 27 3 199 227 1996
- Kokes, G. Singh, T. “Adaptive Fuzzy Logic Control of an Anti-Lock Braking System” IEEE Conference on Control Applications - Proceedings 1 646 651 1999
- Suh, M.W. Chung, J.H. Seok, C.S. Kim, Y.J. “Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation for ABS based on PC” International Journal of Vehicle Design 24 2 157 170 2000
- Chen, F.W. Liao, T.L. “Nonlinear Linearization Controller and Genetic Algorithm-Based Fuzzy Logic Controller for ABS Systems and Their Comparison” International Journal of Vehicle Design 24 4 334 349 2000
- Kiencke, U. Nielsen, L. “Automotive Control System for Engine, Driveline, and Vehicle” SAE International 2000
- Huang, H.-P. Wang, C.-K. “Intelligent Control of Wheeled Vehicles with Anti-Braking Systems” International Journal of Vehicle Design 26 2 3 218 238 2001