This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Integrated Test Concept: Dyno - Vehicle, Performance - Noise
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Efficiency and economy of today friction material test work was critically reviewed:
Dyno and vehicle on the one hand and performance, wear and noise testing on the other hand predominantly are kept separate.
Test technology, test procedures and test results are shown, demonstrating that dyno - vehicle and performance - noise testing both can be integrated, giving brake testing higher efficiency and meaning, respectively allowing better access to the understanding of NVH phenomena.
A respective concept was accomplished - practical results are presented.
|Technical Paper||Brake Squeal Analysis by Finite Elements|
|Technical Paper||Analysis and Control of Brake Noise|
|Technical Paper||Comparative Analysis of Vented Brake Discs in Groan Noise Test on Dynamometer|
CitationAbendroth, H. and Wernitz, B., "The Integrated Test Concept: Dyno - Vehicle, Performance - Noise," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-2774, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-2774.
- Wagenführer H. “Bremsgeräusche” ATZ August 1964-66
- Periat P. “The Simulation of Real Life Braking Cycle” SAE Brake Colloquium 1995
- Abendroth H. “Advances / Progress in NVH Brake Test Technology” SAE Brake Colloquium 1998
- Blaschke P. “Global NVH Matrix for Brake Noise” SAE Brake Colloquium 1999
- Thompson J. “Summary of the brake noise recommended practice draft developed by the US working group on brake noise” Brakes 2000 Leeds