This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Opportunity for Diesel Emission Reductions Using Advanced Catalysts and Water Blend Fuel
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 06, 2000 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE 2000 World Congress
This paper features the results of emission tests conducted on diesel oxidation catalysts, and the combination of diesel oxidation catalysts and water blend fuel (diesel fuel continuous emulsion). Vehicle chassis emission tests were conducted using an urban bus.
The paper reviews the impact and potential benefits of combining catalyst and water blend diesel fuel technologies to reduce exhaust emissions from diesel engines.
CitationBrown, K., Chadderton, J., Daly, D., Langer, D. et al., "Opportunity for Diesel Emission Reductions Using AdvancedCatalysts and Water Blend Fuel," SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-0182, 2000, https://doi.org/10.4271/2000-01-0182.
- U.S. EPA Urban Bus Rebuild Retrofit Regulations U.S. Federal Register 58 75 21359 April 21 1993
- U.S. Voluntary Retrofit Program; Use of Urban Bus Program Retrofit/Rebuild Equipment and Third Party Verification System and Model State Policies for the Retrofit/Rebuild of Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines June 1999 www.epa.gov/oms/hd-hwy.htm#rtrb
- Eastlake, Andrew “The Latest Developments in Heavy Duty Vehicle Aftertreatment Testing for Real World Emissions and Fuel Economy” SAE Paper, 1999-01-0470
- Emissions Standards: Sweden, Environmental Zones Program www.dieselnet.com/standards/se/zones
- Brown, K.F. Rideout, G.B. “Urban Driving Cycle Results of Retrofitted Diesel Oxidation Catalysts on Heavy Duty Vehicles” SAE Paper, 960134
- Brown, K.F. Rideout, G.B. Turner, J.E. “Urban Driving Cycle Results of Retrofitted Diesel Oxidation Catalysts on Heavy Duty Vehicles: One Year Later” SAE Paper, 970186
- Daly, D.T. Langer, D.A. “Future Fuels and Fuel Additives for Vehicle Emissions Control” 219th American Chemical Society National Meeting March 26-31 2000 San Francisco, CA
- Daly, D.T. Langer, D.A. “Low Emission Water Blend Diesel Fuel” Canadian Mining Diesel Conference Proceedings November 3-4 1999 Toronto, Canada